+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Defender signs deal until the end of the current campaign.
    Barnsley Football Club can confirm that 20-year-old central defender Rudi Pache has re-signed with the Reds until the end of the season, with the Club also holding the option to extend this contract.*
    A product of the academy system here at Oakwell, Pache excelled with the U18s before earning a professional deal in 2020.*

The youngster then made the switch to Denmark with Esbjerg in 2021, initially on loan but after impressing on the training ground back here in Barnsley over recent weeks, he now secures his short-term future and hopes to make an impact on the first team squad.

"I've enjoyed being back at the club," Rudi told us. "I've been working hard to impress. I suppose it helps that I know the place so well and it's up to me now to try and push on and make an impact."
    Welcome back, Rudi Pache!

On bench tonight this lad.

Just read the Oxford fans forum and they are gunning for manager Karl Robinson , could get very toxic in the stadium tonight if we can nick an early goal .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just read the Oxford fans forum and they are gunning for manager Karl Robinson , could get very toxic in the stadium tonight if we can nick an early goal .
    There commentator has just said his daughter has been targeted on social media.
    There’s some right scumbags out there.

Playing well tonight, winning midfield which helps.
    I thought the goal was an own goal at first but Thomas claimed it straight away so that’s great for him, let’s hope the new lads get off to the same start.

Deservedly ahead but look a bit ropey at the back in my opinion and it's a worry .

Be careful with those subs tonight Michael unless we can get another couple of goals .

Long way to go they’ve got through us twice without punishing us.

I hope Collins doesn't have to make a save tonight because he's not done anything well so far tonight.

What’s happened to us this second half?
    Oxford aren’t a good side but we’re all over the place, can’t win a header from their corners and can’t mount any threat.

Absolute tripe in that second half , defensively a shambles at times .

I'll take the win but that wasn't anywhere near good enough .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absolute tripe in that second half , defensively a shambles at times .

I'll take the win but that wasn't anywhere near good enough .
    There’s very little threat up front either

Good 3 points with that performance though.

It says something about 3rd division football if we’re currently the 6th best team. It’s a poor league.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast