+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Oxford United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

I am aware in today's society a football fan will accept virtually anything and anybody as long as their team win but I was glad to see the back of him. A proven cheat who served up dire "football".

Not my cup of tea thank you

Really ?
    I never saw him cheat during a match.
    As for the football - I saw some of the best goals I’ve ever seen Barnsley score.
    The Dike goal against Birmingham rates as high as any I’ve seen Barnsley score.

I wish Ismael had stayed - and we could have kept the players we had in that team.
    Strengthening mid midfield in the summer there was a high chance of gaining promotion the following season.
    As Chien Lee said - even if we don’t win the playoffs we will be stronger next season.
    Instead - Conway some how managed to get us relegated.
    An extremely difficult task to do - but Conway managed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Really ?
    I never saw him cheat during a match.
    One last time Nudge.

His cheating went far beyond one team and one match. He cheated a whole league of fans, players and clubs and his FA.

During Covid the Austrian FA instructed all clubs to do no further training of players until a specified date at the earliest to stop the spread of the infection. Should training be given the go ahead on that date clubs were instructed to train in small groups of no more than four players, again to reduce the risk of infection spreading.

All clubs in the Austrian Bundesliga were instructed to do this and complied to the letter. Step forward one Valerian Ismael, the Head Coach of LASK in Linz who thought here is a opportunity here to gain an advantage on other clubs. Well before the specified date he secretly arranged for the players to return to training at a "secret" location and times. Whilst they were there he arranged full scale 11-v-11 games. For "Big Val" the concept of cheating on other clubs did not register, he considered it a smart move.
    Of course someone saw and reported what was happening. The Austrian FA and the other clubs were outraged. The resultant investigation proved this had happened and LASK were docked points Ismael was sacked as a proven cheat.
    Not many clubs would touch him but up popped Conway and saw the chance to employ a coach with no compo to pay, The moral dimension did not enter Conway's mind and a proven cheat became the Barnsley Head Coach.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 08-02-2023 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    One last time Nudge.

His cheating went far beyond one team and one match. He cheated a whole league of fans, players and clubs and his FA.

During Covid the Austrian FA instructed all clubs to do no further training of players until a specified date at the earliest to stop the spread of the infection. Should training be given the go ahead on that date clubs were instructed to train in small groups of no more than four players, again to reduce the risk of infection spreading.

All clubs in the Austrian Bundesliga were instructed to do this and complied to the letter. Step forward one Valerian Ismael, the Head Coach of LASK in Linz who thought here is a opportunity here to gain an advantage on other clubs. Well before the specified date he secretly arranged for the players to return to training at a "secret" location and times. Whilst they were there he arranged full scale 11-v-11 games. For "Big Val" the concept of cheating on other clubs did not register, he considered it a smart move.
    Of course someone saw and reported what was happening. The Austrian FA and the other clubs were outraged. The resultant investigation proved this had happened and LASK were docked points Ismael was sacked as a proven cheat.
    Not many clubs would touch him but up popped Conway and saw the chance to employ a coach with no compo to pay, The moral dimension did not enter Conway's mind and a proven cheat became the Barnsley Head Coach.
    There are varying levels to what's considered cheating SB .

There isn't a professional game played where cheating doesn't occur , every foul is cheating from a push in the back to the obvious professional foul .

Much of it we accept as part of the game as you must do or other wise you wouldn't watch it at all .

Val sought to gain LASK an advantage by having his players training when they shouldn't have done , I wouldn't go as far as to say it was a low level offence and so rightly Val lost his job and LASK had a points deduction and were fined .

I wouldn't go as far as to say it defines Val either .

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck etc....

If I were a fan of another Austrian club I would say Ismael tried to cheat my club and would say it defines him as a cheat Imagine the reaction amongst fans had it happened with a club coach in our league with Barnsley as one of the clubs cheated on. Would we then go on to employ him ?

The fact he won more than he lost at Barnsley doesn't mask it for me. As I said earlier people like that are not for me.

Just my opinion. Others disagree. Fair enough. I am content with my view on this.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 08-02-2023 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck etc....

If I were a fan of another Austrian club I would say Ismael tried to cheat my club and would say it defines him as a cheat Imagine the reaction amongst fans had it happened with a club coach in our league with Barnsley as one of the clubs cheated on. Would we then go on to employ him ?

The fact he won more than he lost at Barnsley doesn't mask it for me. As I said earlier people like that are not for me.

Just my opinion. Others disagree. Fair enough. I am content with my view on this.
    Val's record here doesn't mask anything for me personally , if Schopp had committed the same offences as Val did prior to joining us I wouldn't have used it as a stick to beat him because he was a poor HC .

Everyone who is paid to play and coach professional football is a cheat in some form or another .

Well we knew Mowatt was going, so I wonder what Val would have done about that if he'd stayed. And if he had stayed, would the loathsome Conway have got involved as much as he did.
    Its all a case of ifs and buts now, and we'll always be guessing etc. But the fact that we went from that lofty position, to the relegation sh*it show of a season that followed, has to be put down almost as criminal negligence!!. 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Well we knew Mowatt was going, so I wonder what Val would have done about that if he'd stayed. And if he had stayed, would the loathsome Conway have got involved as much as he did.
    Its all a case of ifs and buts now, and we'll always be guessing etc. But the fact that we went from that lofty position, to the relegation sh*it show of a season that followed, has to be put down almost as criminal negligence!!. 🤬
    I'm pretty confident neither Val or Mowatt were going to stay other than for a serious budget in Val's case and absolutely off the scale wages in Mowatt's .

There is really no if's or but's about it because it was never going to happen .

I reckon Val had sussed the club out long before the play off semi final , probably around the same time Conway fell out with Murphy which was during the January transfer window .

Mowatt also knew what the club was , He'd been around long enough to know and experience it and seen every bugga sold .

A small window opened for the club to have another crack at the PL but in reality that's all it was , a small window and we fell short .

Nothing was ever getting built here , there was never any we will be back next season stronger , Chien Lee was just appeasing those naive enough to believe him .

Most of us said on here we'd settle for lower mid table .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm pretty confident neither Val or Mowatt were going to stay other than for a serious budget in Val's case and absolutely off the scale wages in Mowatt's .

There is really no if's or but's about it because it was never going to happen .

I reckon Val had sussed the club out long before the play off semi final , probably around the same time Conway fell out with Murphy which was during the January transfer window .

Mowatt also knew what the club was , He'd been around long enough to know and experience it and seen every bugga sold .

A small window opened for the club to have another crack at the PL but in reality that's all it was , a small window and we fell short .

Nothing was ever getting built here , there was never any we will be back next season stronger , Chien Lee was just appeasing those naive enough to believe him .

Most of us said on here we'd settle for lower mid table .
    I don't think it was about appeasement of the supporters Animal. I actually think that Lee and Conway genuinely thought they were going to build something. Trouble is they had an over inflated ego in terms of their capabilities and had very little concept of what was required to achieve success i.e. get to the premier League. That's why I feel sorry for supporters of other clubs that they own. Their lack of expertise could be catastrophic for their other clubs if Conway and Lee are in a position of power there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I don't think it was about appeasement of the supporters Animal. I actually think that Lee and Conway genuinely thought they were going to build something. Trouble is they had an over inflated ego in terms of their capabilities and had very little concept of what was required to achieve success i.e. get to the premier League. That's why I feel sorry for supporters of other clubs that they own. Their lack of expertise could be catastrophic for their other clubs if Conway and Lee are in a position of power there.

Totally agree with that Arby. The PMG are totally delusional and know nowt about the game of football or the supporters that follow it. Their presence at various clubs across Europe will see these clubs run down to nothing eventually. The mess that they've made here both in terms of the football and finances sez it all.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast