+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford United v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Will he play Isted or will he play Searle who had a good game against Newcastle u21 in the tin pot cup and kept a clean sheet!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Will he play Isted or will he play Searle who had a good game against Newcastle u21 in the tin pot cup and kept a clean sheet!
    Or Adam Hayton? We seem to have more goalkeepers than strikers now

Good to see the posters on this board can see beyond last night's 3 points to a man .

It was a hard watch in that second half because in reality we created the opportunities for Oxford and lucky for us they weren't good or confident enough to take advantage .

Anywhere near that second half showing on Saturday will see us well beaten at Fratton Park , even at this level you don't get away with it two games running .

I was absolutely seething with Devante Cole last night , we were actually playing the whole game with 10 men if the truth be known .

Don't look at his part in our second goal either because he got lucky with the fact his final ball hit the Oxford lad and rebounded straight to Norwood who had the nous and composure to pick out Cadden .

The goal we gave Oxford was down to Cole just stood and allowing the Oxford defender a run on goal but what really annoyed me was his body language afterwards , he just turned round and walked towards the half way line with a couldn't give a feck attitude .

That sums him up for me and I think Duff's got as much out of him as there is .

Good 3 points for me. Very good first half performance. We were out of the traps quickly and imposing ourselves on the opposition. We then get the second goal just at the right time which gives us something to defend away from home.

Any away game will see us having to defend for a period because you simply can't dominate or keep up that intensity for 90 minutes. Lets have it right, we earned a deserved 2 nil lead and inevitably dropped deeper in order to see the game out which we managed to do. I think the lads deserve credit because it was a good away performance for me against a aif decent Oxford team. Game management came into play towards the end but that's par for the course these days. As Neil Warnock once said- "You have to die to get 3 points!"

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Good to see the posters on this board can see beyond last night's 3 points to a man .

It was a hard watch in that second half because in reality we created the opportunities for Oxford and lucky for us they weren't good or confident enough to take advantage .

Anywhere near that second half showing on Saturday will see us well beaten at Fratton Park , even at this level you don't get away with it two games running .

I was absolutely seething with Devante Cole last night , we were actually playing the whole game with 10 men if the truth be known .

Don't look at his part in our second goal either because he got lucky with the fact his final ball hit the Oxford lad and rebounded straight to Norwood who had the nous and composure to pick out Cadden .

The goal we gave Oxford was down to Cole just stood and allowing the Oxford defender a run on goal but what really annoyed me was his body language afterwards , he just turned round and walked towards the half way line with a couldn't give a feck attitude .

That sums him up for me and I think Duff's got as much out of him as there is .
    Totally agree with your comments about Cole Animal. I also think Duff's got as much as he can out of him. Duff's probably just waiting for Watters to get up to speed now and based on his cameo last night, I have the feeling Watters will make us stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I agree with you, Collins may have ended up injured but he was off it from the start , he somehow managed to step over the line twice inside a minute to give them 2 corners & that seemed to set his performance for the night , poor kicking, getting closed down with the ball missed punches etc etc , but hopefully it was a one off & we still managed to get the 3 points so no harm done but I wish he would give over with his excessive time wasting , he is getting away with yellows at the moment but a red is not far away me thinks .
    Yes, Collins's time wasting is getting too excessive and obvious now. He needs to rein it in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    .. I recall you heaping praise on big Val for time wasting tactics (especially Collins) and sh1thousery. The term to use now is "game management"..
    And I recall you slagging Val off after every game, and it was much to the annoyance of almost everybody on here. Because we were winning games and it was a season to enjoy being a fan again (well, it was for 99% of us). 🤔

It’s not quite there is it.
    Time after time after time some great build up play comes to nothing because the final ball is wasted.
    We just arn’t clicking.
    But we will - and when we do some team art theer is going to get a reyt pasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And I recall you slagging Val off after every game, and it was much to the annoyance of almost everybody on here. Because we were winning games and it was a season to enjoy being a fan again (well, it was for 99% of us). ��
    Au Contraire Acido.

I rightly condemned Ismael for cheating on other Austrian clubs during Covid for which Linz were docked points and resulted in his sacking but my main gripe was the constant anti football hoofball tactics and introduction and development of sh1thousery and spoiling, time wasting tactics every game. Some countered with "but what about the second half at Bournemouth" but i did say his one trick pony tactics would be rumbled by the better managers as the season progressed.
    Fortunately fans didn't have to go to Oakwell that year to watch the "football" served up. I would suggest fans enjoyed the results which masked the awful stuff on the pitch.
    My opinion, even if it "annoyed" as you claim 99% of other fans.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-02-2023 at 05:37 AM.

My biggest disappointment SB, was that we never got to see what Val's plans were, for the season straight after the Play off defeat.
    Was he just a one trick manager who had been found out by then ?, as some have suggested, well we'll never know that.
    I don't think he was into the so called sh*ithousery tactics though, as bad as Gareth Ainsworth & Wycombe are for example.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast