+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.K. Economy - Getting Worse!

U.K. Economy - Getting Worse!

In the latest update of its economic forecasts, the IMF says it expects the UK's gross domestic product (GDP) to contract by 0.6% in 2023. To add further humiliation for the chancellor and prime minister, most other countries around the world saw their forecasts upgraded.

Never seen so many businesses sliding into administration or who are in serious trouble! Consumer spending or the lack of it is getting worse.!

Don’t blame anyone for striking with energy prices - cost of living crisis and mortgages - this corrupt government need to go!

Wait until the housing market collapses which will crucify those with negative equity and interest only mortgages! It’s going to happen!
    Last edited by baggieal; 31-01-2023 at 06:22 PM.

To be fair they have got nearly every forecast wrong from Brexit Up to now like the bank of England always does

I reckon things might not turn out as bad as people expect …. In the office where I work … things never been busier on new prospects and opportunities …. Trouble with these forecasters … however worthy …. They always look at historical data ….

If we can get through the next two months and into Spring … energy usage will go down and things will start to look up is my feeling …

Have sympathy for the nurses - they deserve more after what they went through … maybe teachers as well … but train drivers, driving instructors, firemen, it’s just a band wagon ….

Quote Originally Posted by Lost city albion View Post
    To be fair they have got nearly every forecast wrong from Brexit Up to now like the bank of England always does
    P!$$ poor at forecasts over the years. They have their own agenda, and it doesn't always include us

Talking to a local estate agent who’s selling a couple of rental properties for me yesterday and she said the housing market is still strong.

Lack of housing and multiple buyers for a lot of the properties.

My financial advisor said mortgage rates are continuing to drop and he says the market is strong.

There really won’t be a crash of any significance due to the fact we build 350,000 less houses than we need EVERY year.

Business isn’t too bad either, if your business is strong and well organised it’ll survive and flourish, if it’s s h I t it’ll fail.

Freezing the tax threshold was and is big mistake .

Cash is king more than ever though! More tradesmen and businesses taking cash for discounts than ever seen before. Right too - why wouldn’t someone get a better price if they pay by cash even if it’s just 50% of the bill so the seller/tradesman wants to play safe!

The smart ones going forward whether it’s business or personal won’t be saddled with debt - high rents, mortgages or borrowing unless it’s 0%.

PS - Amazon never pay their fair share of taxation so can you blame a consumer for getting a better cash price.

Location location and location in terms of the housing market will always hold their prices
    Last edited by baggieal; 31-01-2023 at 07:31 PM.

I’m sure that a lot of the union action is politically motivated; they think that the government is badly wounded (probably correct, self inflicted) and they an opportunity to finish them off. That is not saying that people are not struggling, they are but some, e.g. train drivers, are not badly paid. I feel for those who are badly paid but many people these days who live right up to their financial limits, leaving no leeway for when times get harder.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Cash is king more than ever though! More tradesmen and businesses taking cash for discounts than ever seen before. Right too - why wouldn’t someone get a better price if they pay by cash even if it’s just 50% of the bill so the seller/tradesman wants to play safe!

The smart ones going forward whether it’s business or personal won’t be saddled with debt - high rents, mortgages or borrowing unless it’s 0%.

PS - Amazon never pay their fair share of taxation so can you blame a consumer for getting a better cash price.

Location location and location in terms of the housing market will always hold their prices
    The “cash is king” days are pretty much over.

Most people don’t want cash.

It’s hard to get hold of cash without raising red flags with HMRC.

The most important thing is liquidity, the ability to access legally held money.

I think that’s what you meant to say and I’d agree totally with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The “cash is king” days are pretty much over.

Most people don’t want cash.

It’s hard to get hold of cash without raising red flags with HMRC.

The most important thing is liquidity, the ability to access legally held money.

I think that’s what you meant to say and I’d agree totally with that.

That’s what I did mean to say! That said - there’s discounts out there if you look around! Many just want the business!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)