+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Solihull Moors 31.01.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    We never get bloody penalties.
    Typical... you wait ages for a penalty award and then two come along.
    Tonight proves we can win ugly.

U PIES !!

The best feature of tonight’s performance was the way in which we harassed Solihull ‘s players when they were in possession. But in the first half we built our attacks too slowly and didn’t create much for ourselves. Slightly better in the second half, but overall I thought we were rather fortunate to win. Not that I’m objecting to the outcome!

In his 30 minutes or so on the pitch, Jones looked like a very good signing. And what a pleasure it was to have a decent referee.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Cameron.
    Cameron worst performance in a Notts shirt

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Interesting comments about being close to 1 or 2 targets. Any rumours?

I know the Solihull commentary mentioned Sbarra, but not sure that is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Interesting comments about being close to 1 or 2 targets. Any rumours?

I know the Solihull commentary mentioned Sbarra, but not sure that is serious.
    The good news is that we have Ruben and Macca for the rest of the season.

Unless Wrexham bid a few million of course.

LW sounded like we are very close to two more signings,it will be interesting to see who and what positions. I hope one is a LWB, will trust the recruitment team on the second one.
    Although caught in possession over on the far touchline, I thought JB looked quicker and sharper tonight, and was a step up on Bajrami who has gone backwards I think. JJ looks like he will be a big threat when settling to the other front players movements. Slightly worrying is that Langstaff has missed four or five decent chances in the last two matches, due to a lack of lack of composure. Lets hope we don't play again like the way we played in the first half.
    I thought they were two stonewall penalties, even though Charlie and Stall thought the second one was soft. They were looking at it from the other side of the pitch to the stream though, which showed a blatant push in the back.

I thought we were sloppy and off it first half, but that second half was immense. Stuff of champions, absolutely pinned Solihull back in their own area and thoroughly deserved the goal.

Bostock and Jones brilliant off the bench, credit to LW as they weren’t necessarily the changes I would’ve made but worked perfectly.

Great win. The result was everything.

The best team won, all the rest is gossip.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast