+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Well done to Tony Stewart, Matt Taylor and the Recruitment team

I was expecting to be underwhelmed this jan transfer window. Well I’m pleased to say I was wrong. I take my hat off to the chairman, well done , also a big well done to the manager and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I cant believe how some have hijacked this thread to put their own views about PW, I loved PW but he's gone, and I absolutely love the way MT has gone about putting his own stamp on the squad. These incoming have all looked decent championship standard players, so I'm hoping we can gel quickly as a unit and the Blades coming on saturday will give us a massive insight as to where we are with our newcomers.
    There is certainly a feel good factor within our club now with the business that has been done, so let's hope we can take that forward with some great performances. A massive well done to TS, MT and the recruitment team for giving this club of ours a transfer window unheard of with any manager I can remember since they brought transfer windows in. UTM
    Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Warney I've given reasons why was the dullest time I've had watching millers. Opposite to Evans that was memorable.
    Have you conveniently forgotten the George Kerr and Danny Bergara years?
    Now they were dull, hideous even!

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Have you conveniently forgotten the George Kerr and Danny Bergara years?
    Now they were dull, hideous even!

Was just Warney he didn't grab my attention like Warnock & Evans did. Not about achievements.

Was just Warney he didn't grab my attention like Warnock & Evans did. Not about achievements.
    So are you saying it was duller than the Kerr and Bergara years? (before my time)

Duller than the four years at Don Valley watching crap league two football from half a mile away across a running track? Honestly?

Be honest gru, it wasn't THAT dull, admit it, you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    You've never given reasons, not any that made sense anyway. You wanted it to be dull because you hated him, so you convinced yourself it was dull. Even the other people on here who disliked him would struggle to say it was a dull six years.

The Steve Evans years were very memorable, a successful time in our history which was much needed with the move to New York. However 3 relegations, 3 promotions including a Wembley play off win, a Wembley cup win, a global pandemic, a season cut short, a season played behind closed doors, were the most memorable years I've had watching the Millers alongside Ronnie's first spell as manager.

I'm hoping Matt Taylor can top the achievements of all three, and good luck to him.
    It's a strange remit for MT though because if he is successful it means he won't achieve any of those things of his predecessors.Success for him is to STOP the roller coaster.No promotion,no relegation and no cup wins.....SUCCESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    It's a strange remit for MT though because if he is successful it means he won't achieve any of those things of his predecessors.Success for him is to STOP the roller coaster.No promotion,no relegation and no cup wins.....SUCCESS!
    Good point
    If only our fortunes turned around before the FA cup game

So are you saying it was duller than the Kerr and Bergara years? (before my time)

Duller than the four years at Don Valley watching crap league two football from half a mile away across a running track? Honestly?

Be honest gru, it wasn't THAT dull, admit it, you know you want to.

I had season ticket all 4 seasons at DV didn't mind it. We've had managers next to useless but didn't last nowhere as long as Warney.

I had season ticket all 4 seasons at DV didn't mind it. We've had managers next to useless but didn't last nowhere as long as Warney.

edit... didn't last nowhere near as long

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Establishing us a Championship club will mean he's been just as successful, and if he does manage to do that he'll be gone somewhere else. If a bigger club comes and takes him then it means we've had a good time under him.

Establishing us a Championship club will mean he's been just as successful, and if he does manage to do that he'll be gone somewhere else. If a bigger club comes and takes him then it means we've had a good time under him.
    Yep that’s the trouble, do well move on, hopefully he stays for a few seasons at least

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast