+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marc Albrighton.

So Grant stays and we have signed a 33year old?
    Our policy is unchanged it would seem even on a shoestring budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    We’re skint, wonder where the cash came from for these two signings, pity the chinaman didn’t pay his loan back
    Leicester fans gutted to see him go. a player that gives 100% just what we need
    Last edited by Bombers right foot; 01-02-2023 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    It would have been good to sign a younger Marc Albrighton but he's still a good player Dubs, solid signing.

I’ve long been an admirer. Yes I know he’s 33 but he’s still fit and has the desire; unlike a number in the squad. It’s a loan till the end of the season, not a permanent signing. He’s a far better risk than a 19 year old with unproven provenance that we end up having to keep. Pity Grants move to Swansea fell through, he’s the next Zahore!

A good signing IMO, seems very fit and movable, no lost legs there.

Chalobah, another good signing!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Albrighton was a player we long toyed with back in his Villa days and I’ve always rated him.

He might be 33 but he’s very similar to James Milner in that he’s still very fit and quick and has desire, I think he’s a great signing, better than taking a risk on a kid.

If only Vardy was available.......my favourite Prem player of the past decade, a trier who’s worked his nuts off to squeeze every last drop out of his abilities and if I was a manager, he’d be the “poster boy” for my strikers to aspire to.

Even at 36 he’s still a fantastic player.
    My favourite too.

It’s been a good transfer window.

I’m of the same opinion regarding Albrighton as many of you. Always rated him as he’s such a positive player. Loves to go forward and attacks defenders at pace. Has an eye for goal as well. Pleased we’ve got him.
    Thanks for clearing up the situation regarding the Chelsea lad ‘68.

Good signing for us .

Great signing in my view. He wants to play football too. Its refreshing to see considering we've let go Zohore who doesn't want to.

CC wants good eggs in the dressing room I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)