+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That second half

That second half

...was like the old Newcastle were trying to wrestle back control. Like at the end of Scooby Doo, fate was trying to rip Eddie Howe's mask off to reveal a smirking Steve bruce.

But we're made of sterner stuff now.

Eddie Howe's fate-defying Mags.

Howay the fucking lads!!!

****ing brilliant.

But yes, it was painful listening to it.

Couldn't of put it better myself zip, some game that but we've done it. Wembley here we come. Up the fu(King mags.

Exactly, Jacko. We're there and it's a fantastic achievement whichever way you look at it.

It seemed to be very much the case of a team thinking "we're supposed to be struggling against relegation and lucky to get anything against anyone in this league" that was the mentality under Bruce and Ashley. Not just us fans that need to learn that things have changed - not really surprising seeing that many of the players were playing in the old version of Newcastle United. We're different now, but it will take everyone a while to re-orient our expectations and beliefs

Unnecessarily stressful…. But I guess I should be used to that…

Quote Originally Posted by Xamand View Post
    It seemed to be very much the case of a team thinking "we're supposed to be struggling against relegation and lucky to get anything against anyone in this league" that was the mentality under Bruce and Ashley. Not just us fans that need to learn that things have changed - not really surprising seeing that many of the players were playing in the old version of Newcastle United. We're different now, but it will take everyone a while to re-orient our expectations and beliefs
    True - it’s a team with little of experience of being good, being in big games and being in finals. Unfortunately ManU is the opposite.

Gotta say I disagree; we looked like a team that had done this before. I think it's brilliant that we're able to sit back a bit after having taken the lead in a game where nerves are playing a part and where it would be foolish to have the players burn out after 60 mins of intense high pressing.

We were too passive at times, but before the red card, how many proper chances did we let them have apart from the Armstrong one? Our formation and structure mostly denied them anything productive. A semi-final is always a nail-biter (just ask Nathan Jones!) but I was only worried because.. well, it's Newcastle! Not because of how the team actually performed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)