+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we happy ???

Are we happy ???

All the doom mongers proved wrong - as the directors did NOT sell the family silver.

Only players leaving were …..
    Walton - reserve goalkeeper who is too good to warm the bench - only fair he moved on.
    Aitchison - reserve striker who wanted to be closer to his family in Scotland.

Incoming …….
    Thomas
    Cotter
    Russell
    Shaw
    Watter

Only one we’ve seen so far is Thomas - and if the other 4 are as good as what he is then we have had a substantial transfer window.

Even though all these players have dropped down the pecking order at their former clubs - they have shown talent in the past.
    As we know - Duff is capable of igniting careers of players.

Only down side I can see is that we didn’t bring in the target striker I’d hoped for.
    Other than increased numbers of strikers - we haven’t changed the playing options available to Duff.

There clearly is a policy at the club of not playing with wingers - and it’s looking like that policy has been extended to not playing with target strikers.
    Whether this is a reaction by the club to the Ismael season who knows.

One things for sure - our defenders and wingbacks need to be informed that it’s a wasted pass if they bypass the midfield by lumping the ball directly to the strikers - if they do that then they may as well pass the ball directly to an opposing player.
    Worth taking note in games how many times we lose possession when the ball is played directly from back to front.

See my summary Post 225 Transfer thread

A relevant location to summarise the window.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    See my summary Post 225 Transfer thread

A relevant location to summarise the window.
    225 !!!
    Let’s hope people have enough time in their day to find it.

But this thread isn’t about the comings and goings - it’s about people’s overall perception of this transfer window.
    Same subject but different.

I’m still trying to get my head around the fear or reluctance by some of starting a new thread.
    IMO - new threads generate more interest.
    That’s what we want. Right ???

In the current climate I’m satisfied. Fully expected one of our top 4 players to go.

Chill art yn with a pint in garrison

Happy to be proved wrong. year’s extensions obviously cane with a promise of a move in the summer if we don’t go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    225 !!!
    Let’s hope people have enough time in their day to find it.

But this thread isn’t about the comings and goings - it’s about people’s overall perception of this transfer window.
    Same subject but different.

I’m still trying to get my head around the fear or reluctance by some of starting a new thread.
    IMO - new threads generate more interest.
    That’s what we want. Right ???
    Simple procedure. Either-

1 Click on most recent Page Number on thread, in this case 23 or

2 Look at Replies Number on thread, in this case 228

Post 225 will probably be on that part of thread.

I note your beloved BBS are beginning to group threads rather than the scattergun approach of a few threads on the sane issue posted often to gain attention by the poster. The matchday thread on there is far better following the TykesMad model of Match Thoughts rather than the previous 15 or 20 individual threads with variations of "Get In" as the title.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-02-2023 at 10:58 AM.

Simple fact is this - click on BBS and you can instantly see who is rumoured or signed.
    On here you have to scroll through the last few pages of 200 + posts hoping that you haven’t missed some important snippet of news.
    It’s cumbersome.

Got to say - match day thread is better on here.
    But BBS probably wouldn’t be able to do the same as it would have about 1000 posts attached to it.

Anyway - initial thread isn’t about comparing messages boards - it’s about general feelings of the 23 January Window.

I'm neither one thing or the other with regard to the business we've done .

I didn't expect much and I'm not disappointed although the lad Russell may well prove to be a very good player at this level under Duff .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Simple fact is this - click on BBS and you can instantly see who is rumoured or signed.
    On here you have to scroll through the last few pages of 200 + posts hoping that you haven’t missed some important snippet of news.
    It’s cumbersome.

Got to say - match day thread is better on here.
    But BBS probably wouldn’t be able to do the same as it would have about 1000 posts attached to it.

Anyway - initial thread isn’t about comparing messages boards - it’s about general feelings of the 23 January Window.
    It's today's social media culture Nudge-- the desire for an instant sound-bite rather than following a situation that develops and appreciating the background, following issues to a conclusion.

The BBS Accrington Match Day Thread had 104 posts involving many of the same people posting several times, Your 1000 posts suggestion may be a bit Wednesdayish.