+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen Dobbie Testimonial

Correct decision to move the game but bit of a schoolboy error arranging it on the same weekend as the Scottish Cup semi-finals.
    Maybe play it when Queens have a home fixture to save fans rushing back for the Q&A event with Dobs

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Correct decision to move the game but bit of a schoolboy error arranging it on the same weekend as the Scottish Cup semi-finals.
    It is disappointing and would seem to have been a bad date to pick. An honest mistake I guess. I had made arrangements for people who were going to be travelling for this, though, which is a bit of a scunner tbh.

Rearranged for the first week in January when it’s cold , dark and everyone is skint after Christmas and New Year. Not the committee’s best idea IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Rearranged for the first week in January when it’s cold , dark and everyone is skint after Christmas and New Year. Not the committee’s best idea IMO.
    To be fair they have given everyone plenty of time to save up for the game. I agree timing wise it isn't the greatest and there is a real risk of it being called off. Hopefully not as I have my flights booked! It may have made better sense to hold it as a curtain closer to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    To be fair they have given everyone plenty of time to save up for the game. I agree timing wise it isn't the greatest and there is a real risk of it being called off. Hopefully not as I have my flights booked! It may have made better sense to hold it as a curtain closer to the season.
    With all due respect to the committee , arranging it for the first weekend in January for the reasons above is absolute madness.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    With all due respect to the committee , arranging it for the first weekend in January for the reasons above is absolute madness.
    I see M. and S. have the new stock of thermal Long Johns in the Dumfries shop so will invest in a pair for the King of Queens middle of winter testimonial game !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)