+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s changed Tony’s outlook.

What’s changed Tony’s outlook.

We have had a great transfer but why now why not the other seasons.Has Tony realised we can’t keep punching above our station with out the tools,is it Mat Taylor that’s pushed it hard. What ever it is I’m extremely great full.Let’s do the business now & end the season on a high.Starting Saturday 2-1 Millers.

The Paul Warne article yesterday where he said the recruitment team must have hated him because he didn’t like to sign players suggests it’s not Tony’s outlook that changed.

Warne leaving

Taylor probably said before he got the job I need x amount

Also us not been in the relegation zone.

Maybe the money has always been there but Warne didn't want a big squad or spend it

But its brilliant there no complaints towards Stewart

He done what's been needed and signed half a new first team.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    The Paul Warne article yesterday where he said the recruitment team must have hated him because he didn’t like to sign players suggests it’s not Tony’s outlook that changed.
    Yes but T/S the boss he must have known we couldn’t survive on Warnes transfer dealings,perhaps he should have had a word in Warnes ear hole sooner.

Yes if true

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes if true
    Well it was an interview, not a report.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Yes but T/S the boss he must have known we couldn’t survive on Warnes transfer dealings,perhaps he should have had a word in Warnes ear hole sooner.
    I thought it very odd at the time that Tony’s response to Derbys approach seemed to be akin to “ok then, off you trot”. Maybe that’s the reason?

Speaking as a fan who had hopes that Warney would be Rotherham’s Dario Gradi, I certainly have no axe to grind with Warney time here, but what would I know?
    Last edited by Beaufighter; 01-02-2023 at 11:40 AM.

[QUOTE=Beaufighter;40207474]Well it was an interview, not a report.

Not seen it but I have seen rumours on it so wasn’t sure if true or not

Exactly

[QUOTE=millertop;40207482]
    Well it was an interview, not a report.

Not seen it but I have seen rumours on it so wasn’t sure if true or not
    I’ve found a link, but I’m afraid it’s one of those ****ty websites I normally try to avoid

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...anuary-8014377

If PW basically refused the chance to strengthen every January which resulted in us getting relegated more than once, then TS had every right to sack him and replace him with somebody who would. He didn't sack him, so make of that what you will.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast