+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DSA questions/answers JN

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks scottg.

Seems to me that there are some specific answers and that is to be welcomed. I don't understand why the e ticketing can't be gifted to the club. Why would you refuse something as a gift? I'd like to see more information on this particular issue. Is there a concern that ST sales will collapse if there is a modern PATG system? It looks like the transfer window has been a surprising success and I'm hoping that the management team has strengthened our team, the first time that's happened for quite a while, IMO. ST sales will be difficult to price before the season is completed, unless we are either runaway league leaders, or disasterous failures and out of the play off places.
    If we are still in the Championship next season the season ticket prices and match day ticket prices will probably be the same despite us being the dearest of all Championship clubs.
    There is an interesting article on DBF about a person from the North of England who travels to attend football matches all over the U.K.
    This person attended last Saturday’s home game against Queens Park with his wife and he had pre ordered his tickets online at a cost of £24 each plus a 50p charge.
    This person stated that £24 was the dearest price he has paid for a Scottish Championship club and he had paid less at Premier League clubs St Mirren and Kilmarnock.
    This ticket prices for this Saturday’s game at Hamilton is £20 for adults and £10 for OAPs, disabled and under 18’s.
    Before the end of last season John Nelms did not have any excuse for charging Premier League prices for this season as it was a foregone conclusion that we were going to be relegated at the end of the 2021-22 season.
    The money saved by hardly spending a penny on the maintenance of Dens Park this season should be reflected in the ticket prices charged for next season irrespective of which league we are playing in.

Seems to have been a slight change in direction since AGM.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    If we are still in the Championship next season the season ticket prices and match day ticket prices will probably be the same despite us being the dearest of all Championship clubs.
    There is an interesting article on DBF about a person from the North of England who travels to attend football matches all over the U.K.
    This person attended last Saturday’s home game against Queens Park with his wife and he had pre ordered his tickets online at a cost of £24 each plus a 50p charge.
    This person stated that £24 was the dearest price he has paid for a Scottish Championship club and he had paid less at Premier League clubs St Mirren and Kilmarnock.
    This ticket prices for this Saturday’s game at Hamilton is £20 for adults and £10 for OAPs, disabled and under 18’s.
    Before the end of last season John Nelms did not have any excuse for charging Premier League prices for this season as it was a foregone conclusion that we were going to be relegated at the end of the 2021-22 season.
    The money saved by hardly spending a penny on the maintenance of Dens Park this season should be reflected in the ticket prices charged for next season irrespective of which league we are playing in.
    Probably get shot down, but I’d like to see a one price fits all, very one over primary school age, adults and oap’s pay the same, ie £17, would balance itself out for any families, teams are being screwed with this on line ticket system where you can order the cheapest ticket and no one checks

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Probably get shot down, but I’d like to see a one price fits all, very one over primary school age, adults and oap’s pay the same, ie £17, would balance itself out for any families, teams are being screwed with this on line ticket system where you can order the cheapest ticket and no one checks
    The obvious solution to abuse of the online ticket system is to bring back PATG with separate turnstiles for children.
    When I went to Dens Park with my school friends back in 1960’s we used to hand over our 6d admission money at the boys gate which was next to the foot of the Stairway to Heaven.
    I am sure that some of the older posters on this board did likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Seems to have been a slight change in direction since AGM.
    I do not see any change in direction from the AGM last November.
    The meeting between the Chairman of the DSA, the SLO and John Nelms was effectively a meeting between the DSA and Nelms with Dee4life getting ‘scraps’ from their meeting with Greg Fenton.

I do not see any change in direction from the AGM last November.
    The meeting between the Chairman of the DSA, the SLO and John Nelms was effectively a meeting between the DSA and Nelms with Dee4life getting ‘scraps’ from their meeting with Greg Fenton.
    I do, sorry Isla, for those wanting dens park, there's no representation

The obvious solution to abuse of the online ticket system is to bring back PATG with separate turnstiles for children.
    When I went to Dens Park with my school friends back in 1960’s we used to hand over our 6d admission money at the boys gate which was next to the foot of the Stairway to Heaven.
    I am sure that some of the older posters on this board did likewise.
    Only paid full price once this season to an away game........I loathe paying full price when there's adult subsidies for a large proportion of supporters.

Never agree with that and never will.

21 to 121 shud all be same price.

Would hope that there is some discussion about the way to price season tickets and concession tickets and single game tickets. I think that as a significant shareholder Dee4life should receive more detailed information about income and costs. I also think individuals who hold shares should be given more financial information about our club. At the start of FPS ownership, the club’s full accounts were published. I don’t think they generated anything like the interest and debate that the current filleted accounts do.

Just my guess at the possible revenue.

ST sales say 3500, revenue raised say 1500 @£325=£487500, 1500@ £190= £285000 and 500 @ £60=£30000. Total £802500
    PATG 19 games at an average of £15 per supporter and an average of 800 per game=£228000, Away support average could be an average of 300 with the same pricing average of £15 per supporter = £85500 TOTAL £1116000.

I think that someone should be helping the club to maximise revenue. I don't see anyone paying attention to pricing, and the offer of a modern e Ticketing system seems to me to be an obvious step forward.

Just look at the positive comments about the outcome of this transfer window. We should be shouting from the roof tops about our prospects of winning this league. Supporters who don't have season tickets need to be enthused to turn up on the day of each home match. I think positive threads like this one are very helpful to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Would hope that there is some discussion about the way to price season tickets and concession tickets and single game tickets. I think that as a significant shareholder Dee4life should receive more detailed information about income and costs. I also think individuals who hold shares should be given more financial information about our club. At the start of FPS ownership, the club’s full accounts were published. I don’t think they generated anything like the interest and debate that the current filleted accounts do.

Just my guess at the possible revenue.

ST sales say 3500, revenue raised say 1500 @£325=£487500, 1500@ £190= £285000 and 500 @ £60=£30000. Total £802500
    PATG 19 games at an average of £15 per supporter and an average of 800 per game=£228000, Away support average could be an average of 300 with the same pricing average of £15 per supporter = £85500 TOTAL £1116000.

I think that someone should be helping the club to maximise revenue. I don't see anyone paying attention to pricing, and the offer of a modern e Ticketing system seems to me to be an obvious step forward.

Just look at the positive comments about the outcome of this transfer window. We should be shouting from the roof tops about our prospects of winning this league. Supporters who don't have season tickets need to be enthused to turn up on the day of each home match. I think positive threads like this one are very helpful to the club.
    You will need to get someone from the DSA to help the Club maximise revenue because John Nelms does not speak to anyone else.
    It does not help matters that the club website still listing the 2021-22 season sponsors of the first team players.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I do, sorry Isla, for those wanting dens park, there's no representation
    What change in direction do you see.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)