+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Genuinely excited

Genuinely excited

Out off the relegation zone
    Signing half a team all with experience for the level.

Team starting to come into form and play and get results

Obviously the signings have got to prove themselves but genuine believe we can stay up which is the first time ever in recent history in the championship

Taylor seems a no nonsense not afraid off players and there egos.

Just don't get down hearted if we lose to sheff utd

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Out off the relegation zone
    Signing half a team all with experience for the level.

Team starting to come into form and play and get results

Obviously the signings have got to prove themselves but genuine believe we can stay up which is the first time ever in recent history in the championship

Taylor seems a no nonsense not afraid off players and there egos.

Just don't get down hearted if we lose to sheff utd
    Yes, the new approach has certainly lifted a lot of our fans. It’s a tough match but Wrexham showed they can be ruffled if a team goes at them

This must be the strongest squad we’ve had at this level since Ronnie team were whacking teams for 6 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    This must be the strongest squad we’ve had at this level since Ronnie team were whacking teams for 6 20 years ago.
    Just the two whackings for 6 as I recall, both in the 02-03 season, 6-0 at Millwall and 6-2 at Burnley but funnily enough nobody whacked us for 6 in that time with 5-0 at Bramall Lane being our biggest defeat in 03-04.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 01-02-2023 at 07:07 PM.

The only seat I could get for that Bramall Lane clash was, on my own, on the kop. Worst experience watching football ever. Tbh, it must have been completely obvious I wasn’t a blade, as goal after goal went in and I sat, arms folded, like a sulky kid, but they left me alone in my misery and not one of them made any approach or comment in my direction, which I thought was classy.

The only seat I could get for that Bramall Lane clash was, on my own, on the kop. Worst experience watching football ever. Tbh, it must have been completely obvious I wasn’t a blade, as goal after goal went in and I sat, arms folded, like a sulky kid, but they left me alone in my misery and not one of them made any approach or comment in my direction, which I thought was classy.
    I had exactly the opposite experience being in 'The Shed' when we beat Chelsea 4-1 the same season we'd beat them 6-0 at Millmoor. Needless to say though my reaction was the same as yours as even I wasn't silly enough to celebrate

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I had exactly the opposite experience being in 'The Shed' when we beat Chelsea 4-1 the same season we'd beat them 6-0 at Millmoor. Needless to say though my reaction was the same as yours as even I wasn't silly enough to celebrate
    I was in the opposite end celebrating like crazy!

I had similar experience around 79 at Swillsboro when a Curran inspired piggy team beat us 5-1 I think it was. We were in the main stand, piggies a plenty, and sat stony faced throughout!