+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starting line up to fell Forest new saplings ?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Being charitable, I'd like to think that not even the LUFC "executive" could be so monumentally stupid (not to say downright evil) as to play such disgraceful mind-games with player and representatives. Unfortunately, it sounds like just the kind of mendacious, small-minded and childish tripe that they would stoop to.

Just to point out, that no "extension offer" would appear to have been tabled before the visit to Leicester
    Yes there was no indication of an extension already on the table...but maybe they were hoping this would sway him to accept what they do propose to offer first up...with no increase? Or he would be out the door. It doesnt some feasible to me...but just looking at all angles. 😮

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Yes there was no indication of an extension already on the table...but maybe they were hoping this would sway him to accept what they do propose to offer first up...with no increase? Or he would be out the door. It doesnt some feasible to me...but just looking at all angles. ��
    If he wanted to, he could tell them to **** off and wait until his contract expires (next season) leave on a free and LUFC gets nothing, there is no upside to the club in doing as you describe. I don't actually think this was "thought out", that would require grey matter between ears, something that's always been in short supply with our current exec team, this was just another example (JKA ring any bells) of the "thud and blunder" they are capable of.

We have some very good players so we should be able to put a very good team together. More importantly, we have some real depth. In our case we might actually be able to sub someone off at half or early in the second half that's having an average or below game, picked up a knock or is just tired. Luxuries we've not really had in the past. Whether Ted uses it is probably a pipe dream.

Meslier
    Ayling, Strujik, Wober, Firpo
    Harrison, Adams Roca Gnonto
    Bamford Rutter

with Mckennie, Sinistera, Perkins ready to go in.

Summerville and Rodrigo are out and Adams has some question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    We have some very good players so we should be able to put a very good team together. More importantly, we have some real depth. In our case we might actually be able to sub someone off at half or early in the second half that's having an average or below game, picked up a knock or is just tired. Luxuries we've not really had in the past. Whether Ted uses it is probably a pipe dream.

Meslier
    Ayling, Strujik, Wober, Firpo
    Harrison, Adams Roca Gnonto
    Bamford Rutter

with Mckennie, Sinistera, Perkins ready to go in.

Summerville and Rodrigo are out and Adams has some question mark.
    Decent summary & inline with my thinking, Spaldy.

Got to get the ball into the box now for Rutter & Bamf.

Difficult with the Marsch philosophy that he preaches & possibly explains the Harrison dilemma also.

Marsch on his tactics "I joke often and say the goal is not on the sideline, it’s on the touchline, the goal is in the middle, on the end-line. And so when we win balls, we don't want to run to the corner, we want to run to the middle of the pitch where the goal is - and that's how you score goals."

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Decent summary & inline with my thinking, Spaldy.

Got to get the ball into the box now for Rutter & Bamf.

Difficult with the Marsch philosophy that he preaches & possibly explains the Harrison dilemma also.

Marsch on his tactics "I joke often and say the goal is not on the sideline, it’s on the touchline, the goal is in the middle, on the end-line. And so when we win balls, we don't want to run to the corner, we want to run to the middle of the pitch where the goal is - and that's how you score goals."
    If that comment on what passes for Marschs' "tactics", it explains a lot, and be afraid, be very afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    There is no doubting he was at Leicester as the various pundits etc have described, nor that he came back to LUFC with no deal done. Neither has there been any statement from the player or representatives that he wanted away. Not sure what else IS in doubt?
    The version i've heard is that The 49ers where back in then States and Rad was in Italy, Harrison was advised by his agent to talk to Brendan Rodgers, and to go along to Leicester to see what the deal was going to be as he couln't get anywhere with his own contract renewal - the brass all being away he went. When he got there and found out the increased salary they where offering he contacted his agent and Jesse to see if Leeds would match it as he didn't really want to leave, Jesse got hold of Rad who said he would, by which time Jack had started his medical...That was when Jack pulled out of the deal - not Leeds pulling out!!
    If true sounds like canny Jack played a flanker getting a pay rise using Leicester as his bargaining chip - clever lad!!

As for nice or not nice? everyone knows that there isn't any loyalty in football anymore its everyone for himself - and Leeds players in the main are no exception!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    The version i've heard is that The 49ers where back in then States and Rad was in Italy, Harrison was advised by his agent to talk to Brendan Rodgers, and to go along to Leicester to see what the deal was going to be as he couln't get anywhere with his own contract renewal - the brass all being away he went. When he got there and found out the increased salary they where offering he contacted his agent and Jesse to see if Leeds would match it as he didn't really want to leave, Jesse got hold of Rad who said he would, by which time Jack had started his medical...That was when Jack pulled out of the deal - not Leeds pulling out!!
    If true sounds like canny Jack played a flanker getting a pay rise using Leicester as his bargaining chip - clever lad!!

As for nice or not nice? everyone knows that there isn't any loyalty in football anymore its everyone for himself - and Leeds players in the main are no exception!
    The version you have heard....from....?

All the "versions" which have so far entered the public domain relate to LUFC pulling the plug. Whoever from the 49ers might have been in the UK and went back to the USA wouldn't be responsible for contract negotiation (particularly when that relates to a current player as opposed to a new recruit), neither is Radrizzani, unfortunately that remains in the hands of our DoF.

No contract renewal had been offered by LUFC, that much is true, but neither had it been escalated and in any case negotiations would inevitably have involved the player AND his agent. Harrison and his agent are on record as saying that the player was happy at Leeds and wanted to stay. In what world would a player in that situation sit down and "have a chat" with Rodgers?

The "version you heard" is fantasy football, where coaches negotiate salaries, directly with players, pure fantasy.

I think that version sounds very plausible.

In the real world of economics (athletes compensation is considered "extraordinary compensation") that game is played every day. In some cases is on a group basis (unions), in some cases it's pure corruption (lobbyists and politicians) and in most cases it's just an employee looking out for their own interests. Business owners look out for themselves and employees do as well. It's why you should be good at your job through training and talent and Harrison fits that description. I suspect we'd all do the same if we had the chance. I'm not going to be surprised if he plays some of his best football the rest of the season.

I did see that Perkins is out for the game as well. that actually could hurt as I'm not sure Bamford and Rutter can or should go 90 minutes. I think that the other younger (Joseph) would be next up. I hope Ted does not play bamford 90 minutes as he does tend to break down if he plays too much.

Forest fans Forum banter link.
    https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index....hrs-gmt.51045/

Marsch press session today on events.

Q. What happened with Jack Harrison ? - at today's presser.
    A. JM: “It’s time to talk about transfers, I guess. How I would decide it, in the 11th hour, something came from Leicester. We had been talking with jack for a while about renogitating his contract. It has gone well but it has kind of stalled at moments.

“We have spent a lot of money, and then in the 11th hour there was conversation after the interest. But in the end, we wanted Jack here and he wanted to stay. We are looking at the contract situation, and he has earned it.

“He is an important player. In the end, we all came together intelligently to decide we wanted him to stay, and Jack agreed.I think when it came so late, and you looked at how we spent money, we were trying to contemplate whether it was the right money, and Jack was away.

“For us, it was a chance to solidify how we feel about Jack, and how he feels about us. He has learned how invested the club is in him. I don’t fault anyone for visiting what a big offer could be, but we aligned ourselves in how we see Jack.”

Q. Harrison’s new contract, is his head clear after what has happened ?
    A. JM: “Yeah, I think his head is really clear. It was a chance for everyone to express how important he is for us. I wish my wife would show a vote in confidence in me the way we have in Jack in the last 48 hours.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)