+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Starting line up to fell Forest new saplings ?

Apparently Lingard is a major doubt for Forest.

He was due to bag his first start since recovering from a hamstring injury in Wednesday night's Carabao Cup second leg at Manchester United but injured his Achilles in the warm up. Emmanuel Dennis instead came into the side for the 2-0 defeat and Forest boss Steve Cooper does not know if Lingard will recover in time to face Leeds.

Forest already had eight players out injured in Ryan Yates (knock), Morgan Gibbs-White (ankle), Dean Henderson (thigh), Taiwo Awoniyi (groin), Cheikhou Kouyate (hamstring) and Moussa Niakhate (hamstring) in addition to Giulian Biancone (ACL) and Omar Richards (hairline fracture of the leg) although the latter duo are not in Forest's 25-man league squad for the second half of the season. In more positive news for Cooper, Jack Colback is back available after illness while the Forest boss says he will have Yates back in around a fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

Forest fans Forum banter link.
    https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index....hrs-gmt.51045/

Marsch press session today on events.

Q. What happened with Jack Harrison ? - at today's presser.
    A. JM: “It’s time to talk about transfers, I guess. How I would decide it, in the 11th hour, something came from Leicester. We had been talking with jack for a while about renogitating his contract. It has gone well but it has kind of stalled at moments.

“We have spent a lot of money, and then in the 11th hour there was conversation after the interest. But in the end, we wanted Jack here and he wanted to stay. We are looking at the contract situation, and he has earned it.

“He is an important player. In the end, we all came together intelligently to decide we wanted him to stay, and Jack agreed.I think when it came so late, and you looked at how we spent money, we were trying to contemplate whether it was the right money, and Jack was away.

“For us, it was a chance to solidify how we feel about Jack, and how he feels about us. He has learned how invested the club is in him. I don’t fault anyone for visiting what a big offer could be, but we aligned ourselves in how we see Jack.”

Q. Harrison’s new contract, is his head clear after what has happened ?
    A. JM: “Yeah, I think his head is really clear. It was a chance for everyone to express how important he is for us. I wish my wife would show a vote in confidence in me the way we have in Jack in the last 48 hours.”
    The most monumental pile of total drivel the man has ever uttered, and he's uttered a LOT.

Like the confidence of the forest lot. Hope it rubs off on the players and coaches. Nothing better than running into a Leeds game sure that you are going to win. Happens all the time. Ask Lpool, Chelsea and Arsenal who were very lucky on that outcome.

it's when we are supposed to win that we don't.

And today, can we please order wins for Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brentford, Brighton, Liverpool and Newcastle! Surely that's not too big an ask....😃

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    The most monumental pile of total drivel the man has ever uttered, and he's uttered a LOT.
    Actually there was more he said.

Q. Asked if Harrison had actually gone down to Leicester amid reports that he was having a medical ?
    A. Marsch said: “I’m not sure about the actual details of that but I was in constant contact with him & so was Victor (Orta) & everyone else & his (Harrison) agent was also I think helpful in the process to get Jack to stay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Actually there was more he said.

Q. Asked if Harrison had actually gone down to Leicester amid reports that he was having a medical ?
    A. Marsch said: “I’m not sure about the actual details of that but I was in constant contact with him & so was Victor (Orta) & everyone else & his (Harrison) agent was also I think helpful in the process to get Jack to stay.”
    They were in "constant contact" with him...but not sure if he was having a medical??? 🙄 He certainly speakith some bull shizer.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    They were in "constant contact" with him...but not sure if he was having a medical??? 🙄 He certainly speakith some bull shizer.......
    The bit about Harrisons agent 'being helpful' made me laugh - i bet he was ! 🤣

A decent return for a day-trip shopping in Leicester for agent & client.

Get the feeling that if Rodrigo ( 2 months out ) and now Perkins were fit, Harrison would have gone. He might well sign new contract, but as per Llorente, means not alot, could depart say summer if clubs prepared to " do a deal" . Sounds like sticking plaster job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    And today, can we please order wins for Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brentford, Brighton, Liverpool and Newcastle! Surely that's not too big an ask....��
    x2

Only thing is oz we have to do our end of the deal as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    x2

Only thing is oz we have to do our end of the deal as well....
    And not real confident of that happening either mate...hence why we really need the cards to fall our way in as many of these as possible. 🙁

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)