+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Starting line up to fell Forest new saplings ?

Have a mate who always liked to know about who the appointed Ref is & Sundays kick off has Rob Jones - who is no fan of Leeds & JM after two contentious VAR calls in Brentford's 5-2 win over Leeds. ("I've got to figure out how to have discussions with the league or with referees to help understand how some decisions get made." JM said after). With Calvo stating this week that Forest where falling down at every opportunity at Man U in the cup I think it's gonna be a busy afternoon for Jones.

Plenty of previous with him going back to our Championship stint as well so I hope he ain't gonna spoil things for us. His first encounter being the most memorable back in 2018 under Thomas Christiansen when we lost 1-0 to Ipswich at Portman Road 'after' Eunan O’Kane was shown a straight red for alleged 'violent conduct'.

So Coops better be on his best behaviour likewise Gnonto & Marsch.

He's officiated 14 Leeds games in his career - more than any other Official.This season's stats.https://www.whoscored.com/Referees/9...w/Robert-Jones

Interesting info MT

He’s a poor ref regardless who you support. It’s obvious when you watch a game he refs he believes he has to be seen and involved at all times. It really is an injustice to the fans and players that an asshat line this can ruin a game.

I know some of the teams think a ref like this is fine since they get the calls that game but sooner or later “ your ox gets gored”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    And today, can we please order wins for Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brentford, Brighton, Liverpool and Newcastle! Surely that's not too big an ask....😃
    Not if the early game result is anything to go by!

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Actually there was more he said.

Q. Asked if Harrison had actually gone down to Leicester amid reports that he was having a medical ?
    A. Marsch said: “I’m not sure about the actual details of that but I was in constant contact with him & so was Victor (Orta) & everyone else & his (Harrison) agent was also I think helpful in the process to get Jack to stay.”
    So more drivel then?

This is a key player (so a few of the upper echelons at LUFC have publicly stated), and he goes to Leicester on a whim, have chat with his mate Brendan about salaries, just in case, tour the facilities, just in case, see if the relevant medical staff happen to be around, just in case, and meanwhile the cowboy doesn't know what the f00k is going on, despite being in "constant contact"????? It's like an episode of Dallas without the experienced actors.

The "process" of getting Jack to stay would be to sit down with him and his agent and thrash out an acceptable contract extension, end of. Not brain surgery, but clearly beyond the powers that be at LUFC (and not for the first time)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    And today, can we please order wins for Arsenal, Aston Villa, Brentford, Brighton, Liverpool and Newcastle! Surely that's not too big an ask....😃
    And now Wolves 2 up in 14 minutes, pray for a Klopp comeback?

Leicester up also

Need to rely on ourselves winning not others losing.

Big run of 5 games and need to win tomorrow. JM has been given backing in the transfer market so now needs to deliver.

I fear though that Leipzig quickly saw what our board does not.

Down to 17th 👀

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)