+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T When will all this crap end.

O/T When will all this crap end.

The Welsh Rugby Union has ordered the 1968 Sir Tom Jones hit Delilah to be removed from its Principality Stadium choirs’ song list on the eve of the 2023 Six Nations.

The pop song about a jealous lover stabbing his unfaithful paramour has been lustily sung by Welsh fans and become something of an alternative sporting anthem.

But with the WRU reeling from allegations of a “toxic” culture and misogyny the governing body has responded to claims that it promotes violence against women by banning it. The song includes the lyric: “She stood there laughing/I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more.”

Leigh Halfpenny during a training session on Tuesday.
    Warren Gatland talks up ‘underdogs’ tag as Wales prepare for Ireland opener
    Read more
    A Principality Stadium spokesperson said: “Delilah will not feature on the playlist for choirs for rugby internationals at Principality Stadium.

“The WRU removed the song from its half-time entertainment and music playlist during international matches in 2015. Guest choirs have also more recently been requested not to feature the song during their pre-match performances and throughout games.I wonder what crash thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    The Welsh Rugby Union has ordered the 1968 Sir Tom Jones hit Delilah to be removed from its Principality Stadium choirs’ song list on the eve of the 2023 Six Nations.

The pop song about a jealous lover stabbing his unfaithful paramour has been lustily sung by Welsh fans and become something of an alternative sporting anthem.

But with the WRU reeling from allegations of a “toxic” culture and misogyny the governing body has responded to claims that it promotes violence against women by banning it. The song includes the lyric: “She stood there laughing/I felt the knife in my hand and she laughed no more.”

Leigh Halfpenny during a training session on Tuesday.
    Warren Gatland talks up ‘underdogs’ tag as Wales prepare for Ireland opener
    Read more
    A Principality Stadium spokesperson said: “Delilah will not feature on the playlist for choirs for rugby internationals at Principality Stadium.

“The WRU removed the song from its half-time entertainment and music playlist during international matches in 2015. Guest choirs have also more recently been requested not to feature the song during their pre-match performances and throughout games.I wonder what crash thinks.
    " Where will it end" ? I think it's the tip of the iceberg LM. The world has gone mad

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    " Where will it end" ? I think it's the tip of the iceberg LM. The world has gone mad
    Certainly on its way to lunacy

For saturdays match v Sheffield U the sponsors will have to pick a player of the match. Can’t have a man of the match

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Certainly on its way to lunacy

For saturdays match v Sheffield U the sponsors will have to pick a player of the match. Can’t have a man of the match
    Is that right? I hadn’t seen the club announce they’re changing it. They’ve still been announcing it as man of the match all season at NYS despite all the TV channels changing it to player of the match.

Nowt I enjoy more than old farts bemoaning "the world's gone mad!". Just like every other generation of old farts. Ever.

It's OK though as Delilah has been replaced with Nick Cave's Wild Rose. All is well guys. As you were.

What's wrong with player of the match?
    POTM or lets go American and have MVP

BlackRock control $70 trillion in assets and they support it, and not just through the ESG thing.

Then there's all the banks and corporations.

There's serious power and money behind it so I believe it won't end.

I wonder if Stoke City fans will stop singing it

Yet the Welsh National Anthem is “Land of My Fathers”

Surely should be Land of My Ancestors?

Wasn't ''Swing Low Sweet Chariot'' banned from Twickenham last year? Wait until erections are banned....that'll put an end to the problem.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast