+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Mason Greenwood all charges dropped

O/T Mason Greenwood all charges dropped

Well I never, who’d have thought that!

All charges dropped after a key witness refused to come forward. How about all that time and effort the police and prosecution services put into the case?

Free to play now.

Well considering they only suspended his contract I suppose he is.

He’s a tainted character now though charges dropped or not. Big thing is, will Man Utd play him?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well considering they only suspended his contract I suppose he is.

He’s a tainted character now though charges dropped or not. Big thing is, will Man Utd play him?
    That’s one of the major problems of trial by internet

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s one of the major problems of trial by internet
    Exactly it did him nor the accuser any favours.
    But he’s got a contract so he should in theory be back playing.

Guilty or innocent he will forever be tainted now and accused of being a rapist and woman beater.
    In todays world thats not a good place to find yourself especially as the Internet kangaroo court has already had him hung, drawn and quartered

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Guilty or innocent he will forever be tainted now and accused of being a rapist and woman beater.
    In todays world thats not a good place to find yourself especially as the Internet kangaroo court has already had him hung, drawn and quartered
    There was some quite reasoned discussion on here when the story broke if anyone wants to take a look.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38285956

I would think Man United will 'have' to play him in the sense that he will be welcomed back into training etc. We don't know to what level he has kept in training within the last year and I am sure there is plenty of catching up to do. He is still very young and it will be interesting to see how this one plays out because the old saying used to go ''innocent until proven guilty'' but he didn't even get to that.He was NEVER charged.His lawyers ,I am sure,are ready but will the cancel culture have their day?