+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What an embarrassment of a team?

What an embarrassment of a team?

With twenty minutes gone and 1-0 down the Scottish Championship already looks like being a step too far for this lot. Stevie Hammell so to say has to go. He doesn’t know his strongest 11
    And persists in changing his week on week without allowing players the opportunities to build understandings and positional shapes etc. We are totally devoid of ideas of how to play the ball forward without hoofing it up the park and can’t pass a ball 10 yards to a team mate, resulting in our players lunging in to win the ball back and only succeeding in giving needless free kicks and bookings away. Every team we have played has had a centre forward who gives our centre backs no end of trouble, whereas we have KVV chasing balls down the lines and putting crosses into areas he should be in. Either we drop KVV to the bench or tell him to stick between the width of the opposition area. I don’t envisage us getting out the remainder of this game and possibly the rest of the season. Will be surprised if we finish with 11 men tonight on the park. Please please please guys prove me totally wrong

This was a disgrace.

Hammell, as much as we love him, needs to go. This team as it is will finish 12th by a distance.

At least we'll have time to get used to the idea and prepare, as best we can, for what will hopefully be a promotion push in something a bit different.

I love Hammell but this cannot go on, it’s just not working and he looks hopelessly out of his depth. We have been dismal for most of the season but that tonight was the worst of the lot.

I suspect he might walk sooner rather than later and this would be the best outcome for both parties.

I think he might have one more go at Aberdeen and depart if no improvement...the cup is basically a freebie so that'd give the interim boss (Kettlewell presumably) 10 days to prepare for St Mirren in the league.

That performance was as bad if not worst that anything served up under Alexander. Hammell has got to step-down, but who comes in? That team lacks any quality to keep us up, too weak all over the park.Teams currently around us will be comfortably ahead come the split.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy91 View Post
    That performance was as bad if not worst that anything served up under Alexander. Hammell has got to step-down, but who comes in? That team lacks any quality to keep us up, too weak all over the park.Teams currently around us will be comfortably ahead come the split.
    Skippy91 I would do the job for nothing with a backroom team of guys from this site. I guarantee you we would get this shower moving and winning games that’s for sure it wouldn’t be for lack of effort. We had players who chased an opponent for 10 yards tonight and were dead on their feet as if they had just ran a marathon. Our fitness levels are a disgrace for a full time team and our tactics are non existent
    Anyone up for a fan takeover

Don't know why Hammell is just going thru the motions.
    He knew full well what he was getting into.
    This pretty much ends his managerial career.
    Does not come off as a commanding figure or leader.
    School kids is probably his level sad to say.

Pitiful state and the club appear to have already accepted their fate.
    Unacceptable.
    "Just not good enough" should mean bye bye.

Agree all the above. Cut to the chase, avoid inexperienced or OAP’s and approach Jack Ross or Jim Goodwin.

Jack Ross may be worth a shout but, for me, not Jim Goodwin. Look at Aberdeen’s recent results under him - worse than ours, and that says it all.
    It’s sad that we are discussing replacing Hammy, who gave everything as a player but simply seems out of his depth as a manager. A very hard decision for the Board, but sentiment has to be set aside and I think our only hope of avoiding relegation is to replace Hammy as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Gowboy View Post
    Jack Ross may be worth a shout but, for me, not Jim Goodwin. Look at Aberdeen’s recent results under him - worse than ours, and that says it all.
    It’s sad that we are discussing replacing Hammy, who gave everything as a player but simply seems out of his depth as a manager. A very hard decision for the Board, but sentiment has to be set aside and I think our only hope of avoiding relegation is to replace Hammy as manager.
    What a state we are in. Sack the manager and the Board and clear out the duds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)