+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end for certain people

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Biggest example of loss offset was the debt that was loaded onto Man United at one point. I expect the Ogrens are doing something similar, but i had hopes that history would not repeat itself after the owners seemed to forge a link to the fans.
    We are not unique, every business owner that isn't a fan has an alternative motive. Not including billionaires like abramovich who do it purely as a play things.

Now owners and aspiring owners will of course tell the fans what they want to hear and try to keep that link between them but that shouldnt cloud the fact they are 100% doing it for their own financial reasons. We know that owning and splashing cash on someone like us is a 1 way ticket to losing money so there has to be an ulterior motive because no successful American business owner is randomly investing in Scottish teams outwith the OF for anything other than their own gains

Tell you what I’m concerned about also, apart from the state of the squad / management / transfer window ….

And that is the amount of people working in all these multiple created rolls behind the scenes. Is that still the case ? perhaps it is not as bad. We need to get back to being Dundee United without all the peripheral s.hite that seems to be going on. More local and young players that have a connection with United. Players that actually give a Phuk for the club. Some do obviously but there seem to be a good few that either don’t or just give up too easily.

Concerning times. The manager and players need to step up big time and we need the appropriate signings in , has to be out of contract scenario now but get it done Fox and Asghar.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    I think they are smarter than you think. For example Dundee have an offshore firm controlling them. That allows the owners to put money through the business and avoid capital gains taxes.

I heard before these owners can actually avoid a lot of tax in their own country by doing it, thus offsetting the loss and sometimes being even better for it. Pretty sure Keys at Dundee is actually better off for owning Dundee than not by doing this. Hence why hes still at it and doing little to improve them on the park
    Ye, I heard this years ago when the Asian lassie from comedy show The American Office put money into Swansea and probably explains Ryan Reynolds putting dough into Wrexham.

Ogren comes across as a nice guy and has put a lot into the club and we are much better off for it from the starting point, sad to see fans potentially turning on him when ultimately despite a poor January window it was what happened early season under Ross that got us here

Despite last night I still think we'll be OK but fans turning toxic at games will be a big own goal in the circumstance and a help to those around us

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    any sane business man would not invest in a Scottish premier team like us and expect to make money

think of how much he will loss if/when we go down
    Every investment decision made by businessmen has risk attached. A profit was made by the club last year was it not? Same this year I'd imagine with Harry Souttar moving.

Yes, there is a big risk at the moment we'll get relegated but there is also the possibility we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ogren comes across as a nice guy and has put a lot into the club and we are much better off for it from the starting point, sad to see fans potentially turning on him when ultimately despite a poor January window it was what happened early season under Ross that got us here

Despite last night I still think we'll be OK but fans turning toxic at games will be a big own goal in the circumstance and a help to those around us
    The Jack Ross debacle at the start of the season has made it difficult, no doubt. However, Fox has been in charge long enough to change that but hasn't. 🤔 Last night's performance and result was a sickener for everyone associated with the club.

fans turning toxic at games will be a big own goal in the circumstance and a help to those around us
    Agree with this, kind of my point of the thread as i think its too late and is happening. Fans v Asghar it now like fans v Thomson and itl only end in a bad way with the team on the park impacted. Iv no doubt that fans anger contributed to the downturn at end of his era

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Agree with this, kind of my point of the thread as i think its too late and is happening. Fans v Asghar it now like fans v Thomson and itl only end in a bad way with the team on the park impacted. Iv no doubt that fans anger contributed to the downturn at end of his era
    Yeah, it's too be avoided but some folk can't help themselves. The fact it's started appearing at matches is worrying.

I don't think you can be blaming Ross for the position we are in now. We only played 5 league games under JR including Celtic and away to Hearts. Killie were the same points ahead of us then and only 1 point difference from now with Ross County and ST Johnstone are now 5 points further away from us. Only Motherwell who have had a similar trajectory to us have we really gained on.

Someone at the club needs to either be interviewed or we need a full and clear explanation of what the hell has went on this transfer window. My anger towards the club right now is bad for my health.The silence is deafening. The fans deserve so much better than this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)