+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beginning of the end for certain people

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83;⁶40208548
    Someone at the club needs to either be interviewed or we need a full and clear explanation of what the hell has went on this transfer window. My anger towards the club right now is bad for my health.The silence is deafening. The fans deserve so much better than this.
    Absolutely 100 % Spot On mate.

Surely when you are bottom of league, getting reinforcements in during the window and taking the gamble you will move watt on and get souttar money later in the window, is less of a gamble than risking relegation by sticking with the team in its current state.

If we can't get up for yesterdays game, what hope have we got. County and Motherwell away to come too.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Ogren comes across as a nice guy and has put a lot into the club and we are much better off for it from the starting point, sad to see fans potentially turning on him when ultimately despite a poor January window it was what happened early season under Ross that got us here

Despite last night I still think we'll be OK but fans turning toxic at games will be a big own goal in the circumstance and a help to those around us
    Let's not forget that yir man Fox was JRs assistant so is he escaping any culpability for his 7 game(5 lge)catastrophic stint thats been mentioned every other post by you? and let's not forget that yir man Harkes cost us 2 extra points through utter stupidity at Killie under Ross.

I'm not against Ogren but ultimately he does employ Fat Tone and he's the man that's central to us either being a success or a failure on the park and off it but it's heading more to the latter or those two unfortunately.

I'm also not hitting the panic button.......YET.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Someone at the club needs to either be interviewed or we need a full and clear explanation of what the hell has went on this transfer window. My anger towards the club right now is bad for my health.The silence is deafening. The fans deserve so much better than this.
    100% spot on, was just saying this last night before the match.
    The fans need to be informed and it then gives opportunity to judge what is put in front of us.
    Deafening silence will just develop toxicity.
    Mark Ogren interview soon please.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The Jack Ross debacle at the start of the season has made it difficult, no doubt. However, Fox has been in charge long enough to change that but hasn't. 🤔 Last night's performance and result was a sickener for everyone associated with the club.
    Hard to believe that Ross is still being held accountable for where we are.
    No doubt he’s at fault for the club not bringing in any new players in January.

The narrative today would be totally different if Fletcher hadn't missed the penalty last night.
    Assuming we would have got at least a draw, it would have been a different game.
    One missed spot-kick has created Meltdown Central.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Bang on mate. Especially after record ST sales. TA is running the risk of losing the increased support. Without a statement/interview outlining the reasoning behind such a poor window. Especially giving the position we are in. It feels like the fans are being well and truly shafted and taken for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    The narrative today would be totally different if Fletcher hadn't missed the penalty last night.
    Assuming we would have got at least a draw, it would have been a different game.
    This issue is not a 1 game thing, this has been a developing situation over a period of time between fans v TA, and even when we got 4th some people were not happy with certain things.......its like a snowball effect with the passing time as the discontent is building and building and more fans join the discontent. The transfer window saw it go past the point of no return.

A win last night would not have changed that narrative at all. This fans v TA is unfortunately here to stay and will only end when hes gone IMHO and that may even cause so much tension that it effects on pitch matters just like it did with ST

Its not just losing though. Killie were streets ahead of us. They had 27 shots on goal and we could easily have lost the game by 3 or 4. Apart from winning the penalty we offered virtually nothing until about the last 10 minutes, struggled to string together more than 2 or 3 passes, no structure, no tempo.

The 'meltdown' doesn't come from one defeat. It is on the back of a transfer window where we have been left with a weaker squad and bottom of the league. Fans have a right to be unhappy. it doesn't mean we are certainties to go down but we are not in a good position post transfer window and it is going to be a fight. We didn't see that last night.

I think most fans were on edge anyway and the comfort of making a few signings to bolster the squad for the run in kept spirits somewhat high. No signings then absolutely weakening ourselves this window has left many fans with no choice but to feel high anxiety and anger towards the club. For me this isnt about going nuts at Tony Ashgar and more at the current owner as i feel TA is only following instructions. Either way the elephant in the room needs adressed.

Oh and Happy Birthday Liam Fox - another incredible post put out by our so out of touch media team...Incredible.

Edit - and it needs to be the truth. Not 'we think the squad is good enough' nonsense because it quite clearly isn't and anyone who thinks it is deserves to lose their job.
    Last edited by bannon_ftd_83; 02-02-2023 at 06:11 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)