+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: QOS v FC Edinburgh

QOS v FC Edinburgh

Let's get along to Palmy on Saturday to see what Marv can do for us against FC Edinburgh. Despite the Edinburgh side doing very well in the league, - we've dominated all matches against them this season and it would be great to see that continue, - especially as it would give us a boost for the Hamilton fixture.

Game at Palmerston tonight as the reserves play Motherwell Res at 7.45pm

For the first time in a while I am really looking forward to today's game with the opportunity to see the new players and the different attitude. I hope so anyways!

Thoroughly enjoyed that performance by Queens today playing high tempo crisp passing football and should have won by a hatful. I would happily pay for that any day of the week.

Three points and two wins a row. Exactly what is needed.
    Better attitude all over the pitch. The keeper is very vocal.
    A great goal from Ruari although I didn't think it was a free kick never mind a booking.
    Ruthless from the manager on the three available for loan.
    Young Brydon man of the match by a country mile for me. Looks the real thing.

Loved yesterday.

I thought the manager was the 'real deal.' He cajoled and applauded his players all day long, - played intensive one - two touch football with crisp passing, -no dithering at throw ins, and brought on subs early to keep the high tempo going.

We could have had five or six goals, - if it hadn't been for their keeper; - yet Edinburgh were no slouches and even when down to 10 men, - they threatened.

Paton's free kick was sublime, - but his booking was stupid.

All in all, - a great performance, - can we have more please?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Loved yesterday.

I thought the manager was the 'real deal.' He cajoled and applauded his players all day long, - played intensive one - two touch football with crisp passing, -no dithering at throw ins, and brought on subs early to keep the high tempo going.

We could have had five or six goals, - if it hadn't been for their keeper; - yet Edinburgh were no slouches and even when down to 10 men, - they threatened.

Paton's free kick was sublime, - but his booking was stupid.

All in all, - a great performance, - can we have more please?
    A much better all - round display for Marvin's first home game in charge. Could have been more but for a great display by the FC Edinburgh keeper. More please against Hamilton in the Challenge Cup semi - final on Tuesday night but will there be changes as some of our new players may be cup - tied ?

Today's match report states " Players were slipping all over the place, they couldn't complete simple passes and the decision making moving up the park wasn't what the new manager was looking for."
    I wonder which game he was reporting on?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Today's match report states " Players were slipping all over the place, they couldn't complete simple passes and the decision making moving up the park wasn't what the new manager was looking for."
    I wonder which game he was reporting on?
    Just went out and bought a D and G Standard to read this report you mention by the Rangers fan - bizarre to say the least ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Just went out and bought a D and G Standard to read this report you mention by the Rangers fan - bizarre to say the least ! !
    Always remember a journalist sent to cover a gig at the old Apollo in Glasgow. They didn't fancy it so just wrote a scathing report which was duly published the next morning. Unfortunately the gig was cancelled at the last minute ...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)