+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: British Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Not food! Remember the Soviet Union! Farmers know what’s best to be grown on their land, just end the import of cheap food..
    We can’t grow enough to feed ourselves Dave.

Grain for example.

On farmland near me I noticed in September that something had been planted after harvesting and by November it was about 4 to 5 inches high in no time.

I asked a farmer what it was and he said it was winter barley.

I was surprised it had been planted so late but he said it was hardy and survives winter conditions well.

Here we are in February and it’s not grown another millimetre in the past three months.

We just don’t have the climate to sustain ourselves in my opinion.

The climate is changing rapidly. A big problem is soil moisture deficiencies...it makes extracting nutrients by plants almost impossible.
    Last year's prolonged drought conditions reduced crop yields. Over here we can get about three growing crops in a year, it used to be four but even three is marginal now.
    Will probably be worse this year as winter has been quite mild.
    We are fckued as well as starving now...

Just had our first works energy bill off our new provider.

Gas cost for heating our not large offices for two weeks with heating barely on.....£559 😳😤

F u c k right off.

Heating totally off from tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Just had our first works energy bill off our new provider.

Gas cost for heating our not large offices for two weeks with heating barely on.....£559 😳😤

F u c k right off.

Heating totally off from tomorrow.

If they are seriously focused on warehouse duties why do they need heating anyway?
    F uckin pansies! Hardy people who don’t usually get cold and work come what may never usually get ill! Had a girl who started who whinged she had a migraine. A migraine for f uck sake! She didn’t last long before she was fired and left with a huge head ache ( sorry migraine )

Had a young guy who was whinging because he had to get up early Sunday morning because he liked a lie in!! For f uck sake what’s a matter with people. When my eyes open I have to get up!! Lie in - no wonder the Brits are considered lazy f uckers!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    If they are seriously focused on warehouse duties why do they need heating anyway?
    F uckin pansies! Hardy people who don’t usually get cold and work come what may never usually get ill! Had a girl who started who whinged she had a migraine. A migraine for f uck sake! She didn’t last long before she was fired and left with a huge head ache ( sorry migraine )

Had a young guy who was whinging because he had to get up early Sunday morning because he liked a lie in!! For f uck sake what’s a matter with people. When my eyes open I have to get up!! Lie in - no wonder the Brits are considered lazy f uckers!

There's no heating in my warehouse.

Thiswas for the office building only.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    We can’t grow enough to feed ourselves Dave.

Grain for example.

On farmland near me I noticed in September that something had been planted after harvesting and by November it was about 4 to 5 inches high in no time.

I asked a farmer what it was and he said it was winter barley.

I was surprised it had been planted so late but he said it was hardy and survives winter conditions well.

Here we are in February and it’s not grown another millimetre in the past three months.

We just don’t have the climate to sustain ourselves in my opinion.
    I think we could but these days people can’t be bothered to grow their own, as a kid I remember everyone had a veggie patch and this used to provide quite a bit of additional food, peas, beans, carrots potatoes etc, today this is as likely to be covered in artificial grass.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Sorry, can't get the link to work? Something to do with British Gas engineers forcing entry again?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I think we could but these days people can’t be bothered to grow their own, as a kid I remember everyone had a veggie patch and this used to provide quite a bit of additional food, peas, beans, carrots potatoes etc, today this is as likely to be covered in artificial grass.
    Problem is that so few people these days have the garden space to grow their own even if they could be bothered. Long gone are the days when council houses were deliberately built with gardens large enough to have a vegetable patch and even quite expensive houses you see being built today have postage stamp outside spaces. All about cramming as many houses as they can in the space to make as much money as possible.

Tbh though, even during WW2 when many people had vegetable patches or allotments and public green areas were given over to growing crops, the country was still far from self-sufficient and relied on food imports-and the population was much smaller then.

We dug up one lawn to grow some of our own but whilst we might sometimes end up with extra fruit that we can freeze/store we have nowhere near enough space to produce the amount of vegetables we need. It's great to grow our own fruit, tomatoes, peas, beans, even corn etc. but there is no way we'd come close to being self efficient-and it's Labour intensive. There's a reason why most allotments are run by retired people! Even working part time now I've found it hard to keep up with sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Sorry, can't get the link to work? Something to do with British Gas engineers forcing entry again?
    The orgial story was about British Gas representatives forcing entry into a house and then entering a 14 year old room where she was resting. Looks like the story has been taken down so perhaps theres more to that than meets the eye

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)