+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitchell Joins Eastleigh

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Has to be surely.
    Does it? Mitchell hasn’t even made the bench lately and Scott struggles to start. Not sure if the club will definitely think he needs a replacement. I hope we do get someone though.

Mitchell’s been a trier but ultimately not good enough. Good celebration at Halifax.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Does it? Mitchell hasn’t even made the bench lately and Scott struggles to start. Not sure if the club will definitely think he needs a replacement. I hope we do get someone though.

Mitchell’s been a trier but ultimately not good enough. Good celebration at Halifax.
    You've got to bring someone in as a back-up, even if only to make up the numbers in training - and we all know the importance LW places on training. Obviously, though, let's hope they have more impact than that! What are the odds on a loanee from Forest, Leicester or Mansfield?

I wonder if Notts have insisted that, as part of the agreement, Kairo must start against us when we meet at Meadow Lane in March. Harsh and good luck to the guy, but we have known for a long time that we need better.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    You've got to bring someone in as a back-up, even if only to make up the numbers in training - and we all know the importance LW places on training. Obviously, though, let's hope they have more impact than that! What are the odds on a loanee from Forest, Leicester or Mansfield?

I wonder if Notts have insisted that, as part of the agreement, Kairo must start against us when we meet at Meadow Lane in March. Harsh and good luck to the guy, but we have known for a long time that we need better.
    I was thinking the same let him play against us, do Notts honestly think he's going to score.

Best of luck to him, seems a good guy and hard worker, hopefully he gets a run of games for them.

Obviously in the minority but I think he will develop into a decent player in a couple of years. He's got a half decent shot on him and once he's bulked up a bit and offers a bit more presence can see him as a decent player for holding up the ball.

O'Grady was a different breed at Rochdale to the one we had earlier in his career once he'd filled out.

That being said, we need players for now who can be relied upon for their output and Mitchell isn't that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Obviously in the minority but I think he will develop into a decent player in a couple of years. He's got a half decent shot on him and once he's bulked up a bit and offers a bit more presence can see him as a decent player for holding up the ball.
    That might be valid if he was a teeenager but he's 25 now, so I can't see him suddenly 'bulking up'. Can't fault him for effort, but I think he needs to drop a level to get his career back on track.

O'Grady was a different breed at Rochdale to the one we had earlier in his career once he'd filled out.

That being said, we need players for now who can be relied upon for their output and Mitchell isn't that at the moment.
    Wouldn't be surprised if he gets 9 or 10 goals between now and the end of the season. Hope for his sake he gets a few.
    So we get rid of a 6ft 2 player - what's the chance of the replacement being a 5ft 10 midfielder.
    We had 7 midfielders (8 if you count Bajrami) in our 16 man squad on Tuesday. And Francis wasn't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That might be valid if he was a teeenager but he's 25 now, so I can't see him suddenly 'bulking up'. Can't fault him for effort, but I think he needs to drop a level to get his career back on track.
    I thought he was a couple of years younger if I'm honest - you're right though.

Get him on the protein shakes and dumbbells.

I thought he was a couple of years younger if I'm honest - you're right though.

Get him on the protein shakes and dumbbells.
    It’s nothing to do with his physique, he actually looks like the the perfect striker….but he’s just never in the right place somehow, dunno how much of that you can actually teach, especially as a striker.

Someone said he may have been better out wide, possibly on the right or left of a front three….may be something in that but I don’t think we’ll ever know now.

Weird old player Kairo, decent size, pretty quick, and on the rare occasion he does get a shot in he can strike it well with both feet. Problem is the game somehow just constantly passes him by, which is even more impressive this season with the amount we dominate games. Even when he’s had chances in the cup and trophy he just hasn’t been able to get involved in the game.

Can’t fault his work rate so good luck to him, but a move is definitely for the best. He might fare better in a team which plays earlier balls into the channels rather than having so much of an emphasis on clever movement and finding little pockets of space.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast