+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitchell Joins Eastleigh

Struggles horribly and finds ways to miss chances put on a plate for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    It’s nothing to do with his physique, he actually looks like the the perfect striker….but he’s just never in the right place somehow.
    I think that sums him up pretty well. He seems to have all the attributes a striker needs and I kept hoping he would deliver, but he was rarely in the right place. Langstaff has missed a few decent chances lately, but at least he's been there to miss them. He has the instinct to be in the right place, he constantly makes runs off their last man and he has the ability to find a yard of space in a crowded box. Mitchell always seemed to wait for the ball to come to him rather than the other way around.

Good luck for the future and thanks for the effort Kairo, but for me you have been a rare failure for the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I was thinking the same let him play against us, do Notts honestly think he's going to score.
    In my view it would be nonsensical to let a striker of ours that is out on loan play against us with so much riding on each and every game.

Plus lets not forget Eastleigh have been a bit of a bogey team for us at this level. Who remembers the first game at this level they beat us 1-0. We've played them seven times and they've beaten us four times.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Kairo Mitchell has gone out on loan to Eastleigh until the end of the season. Hopefully that means another forward coming in relatively soon...
    Good luck to him.

Contract up end of the season so the last we'll see of him in a Notts shirt. I feel for him a little, lots of effort but just not good enough. Can see him ending up in the league below next season. Be interesting to see how he does at Eastleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Contract up end of the season so the last we'll see of him in a Notts shirt. I feel for him a little, lots of effort but just not good enough. Can see him ending up in the league below next season. Be interesting to see how he does at Eastleigh.
    He will probably end up at Ilkeston Town or Basford united.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    just a conundrum for anyone .
    What happens if he starts knocking them in nonstop whilst playing for them ?
    Do we take him back , give him a new contract , just call it quits or chase a RADAR one in the pipeline !?

Didn't Burchnall sign him as opposed to Radar?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Didn't Burchnall sign him as opposed to Radar?
    Unlikely, I'd say. The talk from the club when we signed him in 2021 was that he was the striker we'd wanted all summer (still not sure if we were after Dallas at that time, but I wish we had been). Also, I can't imagine Burchnall knowing that much about the league and players at that time, which wouldn't have been necessary anyway given our recruitment system.

The frustrating thing for me is that I still recall Kairo playing really well for Kings Lynn against us in the 2-2 draw in 2021 and even scoring the last-minute equaliser. He was a real handful that night, something we never saw when he played for us.

Good luck to him and I hope he now starts banging in some goals against our rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Unlikely, I'd say. The talk from the club when we signed him in 2021 was that he was the striker we'd wanted all summer (still not sure if we were after Dallas at that time, but I wish we had been). Also, I can't imagine Burchnall knowing that much about the league and players at that time, which wouldn't have been necessary anyway given our recruitment system.

The frustrating thing for me is that I still recall Kairo playing really well for Kings Lynn against us in the 2-2 draw in 2021 and even scoring the last-minute equaliser. He was a real handful that night, something we never saw when he played for us.

Good luck to him and I hope he now starts banging in some goals against our rivals.
    Think I was one of few that thought he could be decent, now I’m a bit 50-50.
    In all honesty I think he’s made 2 bad moves which wasn’t his fault.
    It sounded like Rowe just discarded him because he went away with his national team and let’s face it that’s plausible with the type of person he is.
    Then he moves to us with us playing one striker and Wooton was never going to be dropped.
    Strikers need goals and therefore game time and he’s had little at both clubs. There’s also a lot of mickey taking on social media and when confidence is low that can only compound it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast