+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 10 man theory

10 man theory

Ruben got sent off yesterday yet we coped well and saw the game out comfortably.
    Not trying to be arrogant but we are a lot better footballing side than most in this league so especially when we are at home teams put 10/11 players behind the ball(Solihull even did it last week when they were at home)
    So would it be worth us at home going down to 10 men between half time and 60 minutes and then physiologically the away side will believe they can beat us and come out and try to attack hence giving us the space to pick them off
    Thoughts ?

In a word no

Better footballing side than most?? I'd say we're miles better than any team in the NL.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-02-2023 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    In a word no

Better footbslling side than most?? I'd say we're miles better than any team in the NL.
    I didn’t want to sound arrogant 😜

Any thoughts? Yes you're an idiot
    I left five minutes before the end yesterday because I was bricking it that they were going to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Ruben got sent off yesterday yet we coped well and saw the game out comfortably.
    Not trying to be arrogant but we are a lot better footballing side than most in this league so especially when we are at home teams put 10/11 players behind the ball(Solihull even did it last week when they were at home)
    So would it be worth us at home going down to 10 men between half time and 60 minutes and then physiologically the away side will believe they can beat us and come out and try to attack hence giving us the space to pick them off
    Thoughts ?
    I had no concerns when we went down to 10 men as we keep the ball better than most.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I left five minutes before the end yesterday because I was bricking it that they were going to score.
    Calm down it was only tongue in cheek and don’t think LW would allow it 😜
    But any consolation my heart was beating faster in the last 5 minutes at Solihull …and we had 11 men 😳

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Really? That's a long way to go to leave 5 minutes before th'end.

I wasn't worried about what Torquay would do, I was more concerned about what that tw@t of a ref was going to do next