+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mason Greenwood

this entire case is a joke. They dropped the case due to alleged witnesses retracting their statements or whatever.
    So basically the lass who he battered allegedly withdrew her claim for fear of losing her golden goose .... weighed up her options, it was worth taking a few bats and living in luxury forever than taking a stand and working for a living.
    I wonder if the outcome would have been different if she was married to him and entitled to half ??????

make no mistake, if that was my daughter, he would never be able to play again

Manu to make a decision shortly, what do we think they'll do? Do we are all still feel the same way we did about it at first?

In time i think most people will stop caring. I think Manu will loan him out or sell him to a Saudi club.

Personally i'd want him gone, as a player and as a supporter, however I know Manu supporters who want him straight back in the squad.

Having said all that, I don't think it's right that this whole guys life should be defined by this stuff. He is young enough to make ammends for anything he may have done. He's likely a bellend, but good luck to him. Hope he sorts his **** out.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    Manu to make a decision shortly, what do we think they'll do? Do we are all still feel the same way we did about it at first?

In time i think most people will stop caring. I think Manu will loan him out or sell him to a Saudi club.

Personally i'd want him gone, as a player and as a supporter, however I know Manu supporters who want him straight back in the squad.

Having said all that, I don't think it's right that this whole guys life should be defined by this stuff. He is young enough to make ammends for anything he may have done. He's likely a bellend, but good luck to him. Hope he sorts his **** out.
    i agree to an extent that a young persons actions should not define their entire life but there are limits.

The actor/rapper Mark Wahlberg chased and threw stones at black lads when he was 15.

He then beat up Vietnamese people while high on PCP and went to jail.

At the time of the assaults, he was 15 + 16, uneducated, skint and living in a strike first environment without any guidance.

These attacks should not define his entire life. I dont care for his movies or music but these were the actions of a kid that needed guidance.

His actions were that of an angry dumb kid, he deserved to be punished and he served jailtime and has since sought forgiveness from the victims.

Mason Greenwood is a multi millionaire footballer, who has Manchester United backing him up, they have coaches for everything,

he is so arrogant and privileged, he didn't care that he was getting recorded, he has money and is famous.

He battered that lass and told her to open her legs, he is educated enough to know what he was doing is wrong.

He isn't fighting on the streets, isn't high on drugs and doesn't have to steal to get by.

Quick question though. do you think the global outrage would be different if he was white and she was black? 100% yes!

he would be crucified by the media, Manure would have dropped him like a toilet seat and he would be in jail right now.

He found the get out of jail free card cheat, Just marry and have child with your victim

Nope.

Fuck him.

What sort of message does it send out? You can act like that towards a woman and get away with it?? If you've seen the images and heard the audio you know exactly what sort of 'man' he is.

Where's the contriton, where's his apology, whee's his admission that he acted like an animal but is dteremined to change his ways? Is someone who treats people like that genuinely sorry (before anyone says he's apologised in private)?

As a society, we've made such good progress in terms of women's rights and equality of opportunity, standing, respect, etc but, if he plays for them again without anything being said publicly about guilt/mistakes/an apology then what on earth are the young girls who go to their games in particular going to think? They're going to know who he is and what he is and see the consequences of his actions being...nothing. What message does that send out?

This is a 'man' who was charged with attempted rape, controlling behaviour and abh. These charges were dropped because she withdrew the complaint. Note, she didn't say that stuff didn't happen and the cps didn't say he hadn't commited those crimes.

Decent Man U fans shouldn't want him abywhere near their club. And as for wishing him good luck? I'd be wishing good luck to someone who'd maybe not met expectations and was moving on or perhaps had got, say, a gambling problem and was dealing with it. But for someone who escaped those sort of charges on a technicality? Not from me, sorry.

All good points. Nice comparison with Mark Wahlberg! I didn't know any of that stuff. I don't see Greenwood's situation as to different though. He has a much more luxurious lifestyle, but he's still just a kid not living in the real world. He's likely got **** parents too if his behavious is anything to go by. For now, yes **** him, but there is still hope for him.

It baffles me the Manu supporters who are so quick to forgive. I guess they are just upset they have lost such a quality player.

From a club perspective, as good as he has/had the potential to be, the disruption that will come from him playing is surely not worth it.
    I assume Ten Hag wanted him gone and this issue resolved months ago.

He is going to be boo'ed constantly, players will be kicking him all over the place. Women rights groups will be all over the media hating on Manu. Manu are getting a reputation for harbouring female abusers (whether they like it or not, whether the courts say it happened or not).

Wahlberg went to gaol and so paid for his crimes. This piece of Sh*t hasn’t..
    Mind you his lass deserves him. Thick as mince. How can she ever trust him again?Enjoy the money, buy a crash helmet and enjoy married life.

Incidentally, Man u are already a disgrace for not booting him out on the spot. They've bottled the decision even now, waiting for the thoughts of their women's team.

Like they couldn't make the decision themselves, the cowardly fuckers.

This is the mark of the man they can't make their minds up about...

Name:  green.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  111.3 KB

Why anyone is on the fence about this piece of shit is beyond me.

It is disgusting by Man Utd.

And as you said, completely cowardly to try and pass the buck onto their womens team.

I think if Man Utd ever play him, he will be slaughtered by opposing fans every single game.

All this “wanting feedback from the Women’s team” is very dodgy though… and what I mean by that is so think the are going to use them as an excuse for a decision (whichever way it goes) that has already been made!

They just signed a 900m 10 year deal with Adidas, if anyone thinks this wasn’t part of the discussions and whatever decision has been made cleared before this was signed then I have some magic beans for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)