+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grimsby

Grimsby

Well, they thrashed us at the beginning of the season when Morris played a well under-strength team. Well-under strength for a fairly poor to average team as it turned out!
    However, if Tuesday wasn't a one-off, in terms of performance rather than result, then I feel things will only get better as they played more like a 'team'. Perhaps with Amoo forcing play down the right and Ainley and Agyei attacking their defence, we can finally break the '1-goal-curse'.
    So, a hint of optimism against a team we need to beat, if we are to improve our position in the table. I'm going for 2(!!!)-1.

Be interesting to see the starting XI (again) - but we are defo improving !
    Love to get an early goal, and win 3-1.

Sooner or later we are going to win a game comfortably. I have a feeling that Grimsby on Saturday could be that game. I think that we will start with the same team as Tuesday night and win 2-0/3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Well, they thrashed us at the beginning of the season when Morris played a well under-strength team. Well-under strength for a fairly poor to average team as it turned out!
    However, if Tuesday wasn't a one-off, in terms of performance rather than result, then I feel things will only get better as they played more like a 'team'. Perhaps with Amoo forcing play down the right and Ainley and Agyei attacking their defence, we can finally break the '1-goal-curse'.
    So, a hint of optimism against a team we need to beat, if we are to improve our position in the table. I'm going for 2(!!!)-1.

It should be a game that we ought to be winning especially at home and I agree we are probably going to give somebody a good hiding however my gut feeling is that will be Tuesday against the O’S so for tomorrow 2-1 win for me

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    It should be a game that we ought to be winning especially at home and I agree we are probably going to give somebody a good hiding however my gut feeling is that will be Tuesday against the O’S so for tomorrow 2-1 win for me
    Think someone has hacked wartman's account ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Wow, a positive post....First one ever I think!! Hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Wow, a positive post....First one ever I think!! Hope you're right.
    Wartmans onside must be a case for VAR!

No Rod and no Kelvin, Captain Luke and BSD in starting XI - Amoo starts!

Bump!
    Well that was dire. Poor team selection and set up to start with. Surely after that performance nobody believes BSD should be in the team. Offord too was awful in the first half being the architect of passive play that led to two goals in the first half. The direct responsibility for the first goal was a bit of naivety on O'Riordan's part, playing so tight on his man on the halfway line and leaving space behind. Still, McAtee had half the pitch to be stopped but was offered no resistance by the defence or tightened angle by Richards. The second was Offord playing a short ball sideways after declining to play forward and turning back instead. Granted Griffiths then dallied and lost it but should never have been put in that situation in the first place.
    This was the problem all afternoon, off the pace and dithery.
    However, I have to ask, why did Bell sign cover for Mellor and then choose not to play him?
    By the time he came on the damage was already done. Amoo was also taken off when Robertson could have played a partnership.
    Why did Agyei get MOTM? He is the epitome of the selfish player. His half-hearted work off the ball is shocking. He just can't be bothered to track his man.
    I also have to ask why the loan of Brook was extended. I believe there is a good player there but more often than not he plays much too deeply to have any impact.
    Finnegan showed up better than Tuesday. He is tough but prone to being caught on the ball. Nevitt must wonder what he has signed up for, often finding himself isolated and having to chase his own flicked headers!
    I hope there's nothing much wrong with Concrete Rod as we need him back as soon as. We also missed Mellor's penetrative down the right.
    Finally, Bell took a punt on taking Thomas off. Perhaps this is an opportunity to try Offord in that position.
    I want to praise Grimsby for the fast and efficient way they played. Our 'superior' possession figures came courtesy of the back 5 often playing amongst themselves. Grimsby showed that moving around the pitch with crisp passing gets results.

I'll go with a one liner Gazan. I couldn't have put it better myself and you've saved me a job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast