+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts (A)

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    You'd never see an old firm player sent off for it, put it that way.
    Reminding me of an apocryphal tale from the 60s.
    R.A.S. (Bob) Crockatt, a very highly regarded Dundee ref of the time, a bit like an earlier version Bob Valentine, was silly enough to send off Jimmy Millar of the original Rangers.
    Never refed again.

The games ****ed
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Only just seen it...Edwards challange was a red IMO. You can't get away with that stuff, so why even try it. He wanted to leave a bit on Haliday, and I don't blame him for wanting to; actually doing it is a different matter. Cost the team big time. Silly ****. Every one of us would be screaming for the opposition player to be sent off if roles were reversed
    In real time if it had been a united player on the end of that tackle I would probably be shouting for a foul but seeing the replays in my opinion its not even a booking. Which is exactly how the ref saw it when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Agreed. Kouls attempt at a tackle was an absolute shocker.
    Meant to add on earlier post Sportscene decided not to even show it but allowed the 3 p***** in studio to say basically Edwards went in to do the
    hun supporter

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Cant agree with you guys that think that it wasn't a red card and still think if it was the other way round we would be raising hell if it was one of our players that was tackled like that. But it seems we are going to appeal it. Good luck with that and for the team's sake I hope we succeed but Fletcher's comments certainly won't help the cause. From today's papers:-

After watching the footage back, the match official flashed a straight red card at the Dundee United captain. United plan to appeal but striker Fletcher was not so sure there had been an injustice. ‘See these days, you can’t tackle like that, ’ he said. ‘Skip will be the first person to say that. You can’t with VAR. The ref didn’t see it and a couple of years ago you’d get away with it, but now they can go back and look at it. I’ve not seen it again so I don’t know, but I’ve seen Andy’s leg and it didn’t look great.’
    If Fletcher has based that opinion on "Andy's leg not looking great" I wonder what he thinks about his own challenge on Craig Gordon a few weeks back which resulted in Gordon's leg looking even "less great"!
    Just saying 🤷

Quote Originally Posted by chammy View Post
    If Fletcher has based that opinion on "Andy's leg not looking great" I wonder what he thinks about his own challenge on Craig Gordon a few weeks back which resulted in Gordon's leg looking even "less great"!
    Just saying ��
    You're surely not suggesting that was Fletcher at fault?

Quote Originally Posted by chammy View Post
    Just saying ��
    You are surely not saying Fletcher was at fault for that collision. Craig Gordon came out at fair rate making himself "big" so he could just as easily injured Steven Fletcher.

Quote Originally Posted by southwestarab View Post
    You are surely not saying Fletcher was at fault for that collision. Craig Gordon came out at fair rate making himself "big" so he could just as easily injured Steven Fletcher.
    I was no collision mate, Gordon's challenge was ****ing brutal, both knees up and could have seriously injured Fletcher. Red card and penalty all day long, VAR said no! We would not be bottom of the league in an equal world.

Well the appeal is lodged so we wait patiently for the wrong outcome.

You're surely not suggesting that was Fletcher at fault?
    Absolutely not. You're all missing my point
    Fletcher has suggested that Edwards deserved to be sent off, his only justification being that, in his words, "Andy's leg isn't looking great". That's a pish statement to make about a colleague based solely on the resulting injury. I didn't hear anyone saying Fletcher deserved a red card based on the severity of Gordon's injury

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)