+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts (A)

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    See if we were in for Stephen Welsh... Would it not have been an idea to sound him out when we played Celtic a couple of days earlier?
    Doubt the club would be allowed to do that with the player directly. For all we know TA did have a chat with someone at Celtc. Who knows.

We need to double our points tally to be 10th or better.
    5 wins, 5 draws, 5 losses does it.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    We need to double our points tally to be 10th or better.
    5 wins, 5 draws, 5 losses does it.
    Don't think we'll need as much as that. The way Motherwell are going, they're unlikely to break 30 points, currently gaining 2 points every 5 games, with 15 to go.
    Killie & County will finish on around 35/36 points. Both have really difficult run ins before the split compared to us also.

What is the story with Sabat? Came on against Rangers and looked superb, showed flashes against St John when he started when we were generally awful that day, then pretty much bombed out the first team, rarely gets a sniff, has he stunk in training? I'm not saying he is the answer, the likelihood is he isn't, but surely he has to be be worth some late subby appearances? Otherwise why is he there? I'm sorry he showed more in those few games than young Mcleod has in any of his appearances this season, even against Edinburgh City. This isn't a go against McLeod btw, the boys just turned 17.

Hard lines to Meekison too, what a write off of a season, seemingly out for the season now. Worst thing that happened to him was Courts moving on, seemed to be on verge of a break through, totally written off by Jack Ross, and given pointless game time by Liam Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    What is the story with Sabat? Came on against Rangers and looked superb, showed flashes against St John when he started when we were generally awful that day, then pretty much bombed out the first team, rarely gets a sniff, has he stunk in training? I'm not saying he is the answer, the likelihood is he isn't, but surely he has to be be worth some late subby appearances? Otherwise why is he there? I'm sorry he showed more in those few games than young Mcleod has in any of his appearances this season, even against Edinburgh City. This isn't a go against McLeod btw, the boys just turned 17.

Hard lines to Meekison too, what a write off of a season, seemingly out for the season now. Worst thing that happened to him was Courts moving on, seemed to be on verge of a break through, totally written off by Jack Ross, and given pointless game time by Liam Fox.
    I know there was one game where Fox brought Meekison on at 90+4 because I had to double check it was correct. Loyal players will do that for you but eventually loyalty has to be repaid.

Agree about Sadat, seen someone say he never scores, isn't the answer etc, bewildering because I agree with you when he came on at Ibrox he looked to have pace, movement, good ball control. Oh wait that would never do. Imo he should have started v Stirling. Someone else posted he's nowhere near ready. So from looking decent in his cameo at Ibrox he's now cleaning boots because we want McLeod in the shop window for scouts. Obviously I don't know what goes on inside the club, maybe he's gone down with frostbite toes or something, we'd never be told.

So does
    frostbite toes
    play for the under 15 boys or girls team?

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post

I am baffled by this one as well. He looked a player when he came on, movement, speed the sort of things we are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't know if I'm on my own here, but I'm just not getting too disheartened by the defeats to Celtic, Killie and probably Hearts, as I knew they'd happen. Celtic we never win against. Same with Killie, once away in ten years or something. Hearts no chance on the form they are in. For me, its always been about getting through these three games then continuing the form we showed previously, which was good - three wins, two draws and a defeat (Huns). As long as these defeats don't knock the confidence, I'm still confident we'll be fine.
    I am in agreement with this.

I think today we need to see a response from the players.

The team is not too bad and capable of performing.

We are in a fight but we have the chance to win matches

People should be coming together to support the club. Asghar brought Ogren to the club. We were going nowhere in the championship. I am very grateful for what the Ogrens have done - this season has been ruined by the JR start but it is not over.

It’s possible we could stay up and have a good run in the cup.

Let’s hope it starts today and we can get a win

COME ON UNITED !!

Interesting line up. Back 4 or is Smith going into the midfield?!

Niskanen from the start. Maybe today is his day!!

Name:  FoIIsC5XgAAQDk8.jpeg.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  94.3 KB

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)