+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts (A)

Hearts (A)

…..Dear God this gives the fear alright right now. But, they’ve just got to go down there and work their guts off. Nobody has ever criticised a Dundee United that gives it all but comes up short. What we DO criticise are performances like last night which are completely unacceptable against an absolutely woeful Kilmarnock.

Given the squad and where we are following the window, I genuinely would think about not starting Fletcher. Is he likely to have a huge impact on what will be the likely final result? Or is it more prudent to not play him less he gets a major injury and is then out for the games where he’s much more likely to have an influence? The business in the window has left us in this ludicrous position.

For now we all have to get behind the XI on the park. Yes we are all majorly p1ssed off and rightly so. But bile spilling on to the pitch will serve no positive purpose right now. The time for recriminations and major question asking is at the end of the season - and there will be and should be plenty of that make no mistake. The phuck ups in the last 12 months from signing Watt, to losing Lewis Neilson, to releasing Nicky Clark and Trevor Carson, to not adequately replacing Fuchs and Butcher and of course to hiring Jack Ross are almost unprecedented and are getting close to Snake-esque levels. Seeing as these are ‘Sporting’ decisions, it doesn’t take a brain cell to work out which ‘Director’ has the remit and ultimate responsibility for this schitshow.

BUT, that’s for then. Right now we have to do our bit - get right behind the team, help them through this and at least make sure we salvage something from this disaster of a season. THEN we can seek the answers to our legitimate questions………C’MON UNITED!

They'll win by at least three.

Even a miracle win is gonna struggle to lift my spirits after this cluster**** of a week. Sick of false dawns, this team needs to start putting wins together, but unfortunately we are weak as piss and now even weaker after another dry January.

We could say that we have seen the reserves and after his starring performances in the reserves he should be rewarded with a first-team start. As it is we don't let the fans see the reserves. They don't get a feel of playing at Tannadice in front of a crowd. They just sign for United, have a kickabout at St Andrews then get punted out on loan. Competition for places and all that. Come subby time in games we are so predictable. The ones that come on are "match fit" and will make a difference, yet to see it.

How our Sporting Director can give contract extensions to Pawlett and Harkes beggars belief. Then we have these unearthed gems. The here and now is concerning and that blame lies solely at his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Even a miracle win is gonna struggle to lift my spirits after this cluster**** of a week. Sick of false dawns, this team needs to start putting wins together, but unfortunately we are weak as piss and now even weaker after another dry January.
    I don't know if I'm on my own here, but I'm just not getting too disheartened by the defeats to Celtic, Killie and probably Hearts, as I knew they'd happen. Celtic we never win against. Same with Killie, once away in ten years or something. Hearts no chance on the form they are in. For me, its always been about getting through these three games then continuing the form we showed previously, which was good - three wins, two draws and a defeat (Huns). As long as these defeats don't knock the confidence, I'm still confident we'll be fine.

I should add, that was before we flogged our second choice striker and didn't replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't know if I'm on my own here, but I'm just not getting too disheartened by the defeats to Celtic, Killie and probably Hearts, as I knew they'd happen. Celtic we never win against. Same with Killie, once away in ten years or something. Hearts no chance on the form they are in. For me, its always been about getting through these three games then continuing the form we showed previously, which was good - three wins, two draws and a defeat (Huns). As long as these defeats don't knock the confidence, I'm still confident we'll be fine.
    I'm probably more disheartened by the absolute *******s coming from the head coach tbh, can't believe he thinks anyone believes we scouted the youngster from the Yorkshire giants. Its totally an 11th hour panic signing just as Akinola was and the **** from Barnet too. Stop filling the fans full of **** and tell us how it really is! I've really tried not to get into the fat Tony debate of late but I'm sorry this latest fiasco has pushed me over the edge.

I suspect we will be treated to Hearts attacking us and when we get the ball play a couple of passes along the back line, then someone will punt it up the pitch, go to a Hearts player and the whole thing repeats itself. On occasions the ball will reach Fletcher and he will win it in the air as he does but there will no United player around him and it will just land at a Hearts player. We will start to show a bit of intent in the latter stages, probably too late and we are left wondering why it took so long.

I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'm probably more disheartened by the absolute *******s coming from the head coach tbh, can't believe he thinks anyone believes we scouted the youngster from the Yorkshire giants. Its totally an 11th hour panic signing just as Akinola was and the **** from Barnet too. Stop filling the fans full of **** and tell us how it really is! I've really tried not to get into the fat Tony debate of late but I'm sorry this latest fiasco has pushed me over the edge.
    It was reported that we were in for Stephen Welsh, the Celtic centre back but were knocked back. Looks very much like the lad from Huddersfield was a last minute job.

See if we were in for Stephen Welsh... Would it not have been an idea to sound him out when we played Celtic a couple of days earlier?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)