+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts (A)

I've seen Edwards do the challenge a few times, its one of those when defender sees a chance to get away with a fly kick, unfortunately Halliday did his cry baby for the benefit of VAR, was a needless or reckless challenge at best. I can't see us winning an appeal. It was certainly not worse than Ryan Jacks as pointed out, the big thing for me was the pen claim before ht, I'm assuming that was looked at, I've not seen a replay, that's what I'd have been asking.

We are so soft poor though. First goal yesterday was very similar to Nisbets late equaliser, loads of Tangerine shirts around him, only one guy going to block, bit unlucky for Niskanen tbf. Second is feeble from Levitt, and the keeper, I was wondering if I was being too harsh, it's a decent finish, and certainly not a goalkeeping howler, but I just think a better quality keeper saves that, our keeper is average. Third goal, Djoum efforts at fouling/tackling feeble, keeper makes a t1t of himself, great finish tbf. I wonder if a defensive sitting midfielder would have stopped those goals, prevented the space, or got the fouls in. You can also add on top of that our misses at just before ht to give us a 2-0 lead.

You can add to that we have at team of ageing, injury prone and unfit players who struggle to last 90 mins - Djoum, Sibbald, Middleton, Fletcher, Pawlett, but we don't seem to have a great plan for that beyond swapping Sibbald and Djoum. You can almost replace your whole midfield and attack with 5 subs!

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    The problem for me is that VAR is getting involved when it shouldn’t be.
    The rule is that ‘clear and obvious error by the referee.’
    Our VAR people are getting involved when they disagree with the referee and not because he’s missed something.
    Common sense tells you that if it needs discussion then it can’t be obvious.
    Being stuck with incompetent referees only makes it worse.
    Yeah but the VAR officials are referees too, so for me it's all down to this.

Only just seen it...Edwards challange was a red IMO. You can't get away with that stuff, so why even try it. He wanted to leave a bit on Haliday, and I don't blame him for wanting to; actually doing it is a different matter. Cost the team big time. Silly ****. Every one of us would be screaming for the opposition player to be sent off if roles were reversed

Yet he is our skipper. What is it with giving centre-halves that are relatively new signings the armband? You had Stewart at Sheep and Edwards at us. I'd give it to someone who has been longer at the club so Edwards can concentrate on being a defender first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah but the VAR officials are referees too, so for me it's all down to this.
    Totally agree with that.
    Surely having ex players involved isn’t beyond the capabilities of the powers that be.
    As you say we have two people who have never played the game making a decision between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Yet he is our skipper. What is it with giving centre-halves that are relatively new signings the armband? You had Stewart at Sheep and Edwards at us. I'd give it to someone who has been longer at the club so Edwards can concentrate on being a defender first and foremost.
    Mulgrew is the obvious leader of the group , but he's management now. So , who else?

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Only just seen it...Edwards challange was a red IMO. You can't get away with that stuff, so why even try it. He wanted to leave a bit on Haliday, and I don't blame him for wanting to; actually doing it is a different matter. Cost the team big time. Silly ****. Every one of us would be screaming for the opposition player to be sent off if roles were reversed
    I've seen it and honest to **** can't even see any kind of foul never mind a straight red card. Looks to me like he's gone in side footed trying to combine a tackle and a pass. Not seeing any malice whatsoever and VAR can **** right off!

I was all for VAR originally but now see what people were saying so I hold my hand up. United should refuse to pay their portion of it going forward and use the video evidence to support their stance.

#Scottishfootballisf@cked!

What the VAR should have seen is the foul/attempt to break a leg by Halliday on the united player leading to Edwards challenge.........

VAR aside which is a total farce and if a decision similar with the consequences is given against the ersecheeks, will lead to truble from the stands.

Biggest mistake was Fox playing a second half so deep, always on a loser, too negative. we did fine in the first half.

As for the Fergusoneque strike, we should have tried that several times during the match. when an out ball is needed and no playre in sight, have a pump at goal. it ensure the first line of the other side is closer to the goal than they are comfortable with.......

Cant agree with you guys that think that it wasn't a red card and still think if it was the other way round we would be raising hell if it was one of our players that was tackled like that. But it seems we are going to appeal it. Good luck with that and for the team's sake I hope we succeed but Fletcher's comments certainly won't help the cause. From today's papers:-

After watching the footage back, the match official flashed a straight red card at the Dundee United captain. United plan to appeal but striker Fletcher was not so sure there had been an injustice. ‘See these days, you can’t tackle like that, ’ he said. ‘Skip will be the first person to say that. You can’t with VAR. The ref didn’t see it and a couple of years ago you’d get away with it, but now they can go back and look at it. I’ve not seen it again so I don’t know, but I’ve seen Andy’s leg and it didn’t look great.’

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)