+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February fixtures

February fixtures

February is going to be a busy month for the top five in the National League - we have six games, which is at least one less than all of our rivals. Here's the schedule for the month ahead (is it being greedy to hope that we can get 16 points?)...

Us
    Feb 4 - Torquay
    Feb 11 - Chesterfield
    Feb 14 - BARNET
    Feb 18 - Yeovil
    Feb 21 - SOUTHEND
    Feb 25 - DAG & RED

Wrexham
    Feb 4 - Altrincham
    Feb. 7 - Sheffield United (FA Cup)
    Feb 11 - WEALDSTONE
    Feb 14 - WOKING
    Feb 18 - Aldershot
    Feb 21 - S****horpe
    Feb 25 - DORKING
    Feb. 28 - CHESTERFIELD (that will be postponed if Wrexham beat Sheffield United on Tuesday and they'll play Spurs the following day)

Woking
    Feb 4 - Eastleigh
    Feb. 7 - Chesterfield
    Feb 11 - BOREHAM WOOD
    Feb 14 - Wrexham
    Feb 18 - Altrincham
    Feb 21 - BROMLEY
    Feb 25 - WEALDSTONE

Chesterfield
    Feb 4 - Boreham Wood
    Feb. 7 - WOKING
    Feb 11 - NOTTS
    Feb 14 - Aldershot
    Feb 18 - Solihull
    Feb 21 - WEALDSTONE
    Feb 25 - OLDHAM
    Feb. 28 - Wrexham (postponed if Wrexham beat Sheffield United)

Barnet
    Feb 3 - S****horpe
    Feb. 7 - Halifax
    Feb 11 - Torquay (FA Trophy)
    Feb 14 - Notts
    Feb 18 - Torquay
    Feb 21 - ALTRINCHAM
    Feb 25 - ALDERSHOT
    Feb. 28 - OLDHAM

Woking have it tough

I don't think anybody will be saying it's more than a 2-horse race by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Woking have it tough

I don't think anybody will be saying it's more than a 2-horse race by the end of the month.
    Not an easy run for us either. I could see us dropping 10 points if we're not on our game.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Not an easy run for us either. I could see us dropping 10 points if we're not on our game.
    I'll go for an optimistic 14 out of 18 pts, 8 would be fatal in the hunt for top spot.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'll go for an optimistic 14 out of 18 pts, 8 would be fatal in the hunt for top spot.
    I'd say Wrexham have the easiest set of fixtures for the month, especially as five of their potential seven league games are at home where they are yet to drop a point all season (that S****horpe game on the 21st is actually at home, my mistake above).

Our best hope is that their glut of matches (eight games in 25 days) starts to take a toll on their performances, especially on that poor pitch of theirs. And, obviously, that we keep winning and pile the pressure on them.

That would be game over for the quest to be Champions. Wrexham look pretty unstoppable having won their last 7 league games.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-02-2023 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    That would be game over for the quest to be Champions. Wrexham look pretty unstopable having won their last 7 league games.
    It sure would. But I could easily see us losing away at Chesterfield and Wrexham and drawing a couple too.

It sure would. But I could easily see us losing away at Chesterfield and Wrexham and drawing a couple too.
    Very true, Barnet and Southend at home have draw written all over them. I'm hopeful of a point at Chesterfield but Wrexhams pitch is dreadful so our passing game will be a problem against their hoof it tactics so a loss likely there.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Very true, Barnet and Southend at home have draw written all over them.

The good thing about these games however is that they could be more likely to come at us (as happens away from home), leaving space for us to take advantage of.

But if they go for a low block & try to take us on the counter, it could be a little spicy at the back. tbh I don't know how these teams set up anyway

Think its too early to worry about the Wrexham fixture yet, tough game at Torquay tomorrow hopefully negotiate that and onto Chesterfield.
    If we can hold our end up so to speak think the toughest thing about February is that is they both play Saturday/Tuesday all month(4 games) whilst we only have two.
    I think Barnet might try to attack us at ML(very dangerous team going forward a lot of pace) but think Southend will stick 10 behind the ball.
    Last edited by Proactive not Reactive; 03-02-2023 at 02:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast