+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: February fixtures

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'll go for an optimistic 14 out of 18 pts, 8 would be fatal in the hunt for top spot.
    14 points keeps us inline with the 2.3 PPG we have averaged so far over the season and also Wrexham's 2.4 PPG. In a normal season 2PPG is normally enough so 12 points would suffice but this is not normal and there is only one automatic place up for grabs.

If we can come out of February on 82 points then regardless of what Wrexham do we will be on course.

We've got to win four of the six games this month as a bare minimum the way I see it. If we can remain unbeaten and win four and draw two games then 14 points target achieved.

On paper the toughest games are Chesterfield away and I'm expecting Barnet to give us a game at home as 3rd place is between Barnet, Chesterfield and Woking at the moment. We can't be complacent against Southend either as we drew with them at their place and they could still make the playoffs. Likewise Torquay and Yeovil away and Dagenham at home have banana skin written all over them with Dagenham chasing a playoff spot as well.

This month is going to be a big test for many teams fitness along with the added risk of injuries and suspensions. Hopefully we can come out of it intact with the points required.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-02-2023 at 07:14 PM.