+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Aberdeen v Motherwell

Just seen the highlights. Our second goal was good and had a great view from the South yesterday, great work and final ball from Ramadani, but the pass from Clarkson for the third was exquisite, as was the finish.
    Didn't think our fourth should have been chalked off, as both players were grabbing each other.
    Certainly was a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Both teams get an extra sub to prevent any jiggery pokery. Obviously there would never be any of that in Scotland.
    So does that mean if later on in the game a Motherwell player has to go off with a concussion injury both teams can make yet another sub?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Just seen the highlights. Our second goal was good and had a great view from the South yesterday, great work and final ball from Ramadani, but the pass from Clarkson for the third was exquisite, as was the finish.
    Didn't think our fourth should have been chalked off, as both players were grabbing each other.
    Certainly was a penalty.
    From the mainer didn't look like a pen but clearly was...but why can't the VAR official say (as they do in cricket), your decision is overturned and it's a penalty instead of the ref. standing as far away from the monitor as possible and then, being the centre of attention, "sprinting" towards the touchline and walking back onto the field with that stupid "tv" sign giving the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Both teams get an extra sub to prevent any jiggery pokery. Obviously there would never be any of that in Scotland.
    Obviously it must still be in place but when did the trial end and this become permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    From the mainer didn't look like a pen but clearly was...but why can't the VAR official say (as they do in cricket), your decision is overturned and it's a penalty instead of the ref. standing as far away from the monitor as possible and then, being the centre of attention, "sprinting" towards the touchline and walking back onto the field with that stupid "tv" sign giving the penalty.
    I suppose the way our VAR is structured is not to undermine the referee, although they do undermine themselves most weeks with substandard performances across all games and not just ours.

I also meant to add that I thought the near assault on Ramadani by Goss in the first half deserved more than a yellow and on seeing it on the TV I am even more convinced.

The commentator still managed to criticise Ramadani though.

I did wonder if he was only going to stop rolling when he hit the hoardings!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567