+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barton & his Thomas comments

For an intelligent man, Barton displays some awful traits and never seems to learn

Very true pass
    He’s a very enlightened guy, I read his autobiography n it’s a great read tb honest
    Maybe he’s right tho, sometimes footballers don’t’get it’ until they’re in their in they’re mid 20’s maybe they meet a wife n settle down with some kids
    Look at mo salah, Kevin d bryne rejected from Chelsea at a young age but got their sh1 t together n look at them na!
    Thomas maybe was not as focused as he should have been n Barton said it as it was at the time?
    Fair play to Thomas for getting his finger art n fair play to Barton for telling it ar it is

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    Very true pass
    He’s a very enlightened guy, I read his autobiography n it’s a great read tb honest
    Maybe he’s right tho, sometimes footballers don’t’get it’ until they’re in their in they’re mid 20’s maybe they meet a wife n settle down with some kids
    Look at mo salah, Kevin d bryne rejected from Chelsea at a young age but got their sh1 t together n look at them na!
    Thomas maybe was not as focused as he should have been n Barton said it as it was at the time?
    Fair play to Thomas for getting his finger art n fair play to Barton for telling it ar it is
    I find it strange that Barton suggests that Thomas cost them a goal a game & yet picked him every match , so I do not understand why you would think the lad was not focused as he should be . If a player was costing you a goal game there is no manager in the EFL who would continue to select him, my take is that for what ever reason Thomas wanted out of Bristol Rovers & Barton has not taken to it kindly , funny that being as he didn"t take kindly to Stendal after defeat at Oakwell .

It's possible Bob wanted a taste of the big wages on offer at Oakwell.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's possible Bob wanted a taste of the big wages on offer at Oakwell.
    Doubt it SB , he is contracted to Burnley & therefore his salary has nothing to do with us apart from us obviously having to pay a set amount agreed with Burnley ,but that would have been the same for BR , he would get no salary increase by coming to us , possibly though if he lives in the Burnley area he is nearer home but that is the only small advantage I can see .

I watched Barton when he was on Question Time a few years back and he did more than hold is own , very intelligent in that respect .

However there's two sides to him and he's never been able to control his dark side .

I've also read his book and his life growing up on a tough Huyton council estate and the things he saw .

Doesn't wash with me however , responsibility starts with the man in the mirror and everything else is complete excuses .

Well Mr Barton, another goal for Thomas & another defeat for Brizzle , still at least he hasn"t got Bobby the liability to worry about , thankfully he is our problem now !!! Well done Bobby , keep it going .

Bob's two goals have been very similar.

Standing in the midst of a crowd of players as a set piece (free kick and long throw) comes across and he uses his height advantage to glance a header towards goal.

Having now seen and been alerted to the tactic I'm sure it won't be long before the more intelligent managers in the Third Division come up with ways of preventing this by fair or dark methods but, in the meantime, Bob can make hay while the sun shines.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 05-02-2023 at 07:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12