+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lewis O’Brien

Lewis O’Brien

I see Lewis O’Briens move to Blackpool fell through and now he’s left out of Forests 25 man squad.
    Is it a ridiculous idea for Notts to ask the question? I’m expecting a lot of yes’s but the flip side is the guy now has no competitive football till August.

We already have 9 midfielders in our squad.
    But then again I wouldn't want him to go to Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    We already have 9 midfielders in our squad.
    But then again I wouldn't want him to go to Wrexham.
    Probably zero chance of it happening but the end of the day he’s a top championship/premiership midfielder regardless of how many midfielders we have. I’d be asking, a lot would depend on the player, 2 choices, no football at a club where all the players are looking forward to games or go and play some football in a title challenge.

Thought it was Blackburn, they're appealing the decision by the EFL but most likely fail. I certainly think playing in a title challenging team who be far better than twiddling his thumbs. Although I very much doubt it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Thought it was Blackburn, they're appealing the decision by the EFL but most likely fail. I certainly think playing in a title challenging team who be far better than twiddling his thumbs. Although I very much doubt it'll happen.
    Yes was Blackburn I miss heard it

I'd have him here in a heartbeat but, no chance. Even if the EFL turn down Blackburn's appeal, there are still transfer windows open in leagues for more appealing than the NL (Turkey, Austria, Sweden, where he could probably play Europa League as well) and where clubs are likely to offer Forest a chunk of his wages too.

If not any of those, he'd probably prefer to sit tight for a move in the summer than get kicked around the NL for a few months.

For those doubting whether they'd want him, though, he'd likely be the difference for either Notts or Wrexham winning the league.

Maladaptive daydreaming - people who suffer with maladaptive daydreaming will spend long periods engaging in structured daydreams or fantasies. (or a Notts County fan)
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 03-02-2023 at 04:58 PM.