+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Portsmouth v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Following on from the midweek away win, I think this was a really good hard fought draw, and I would have been happy with a point.
    Like Duff has said, I'm also sick of hearing about and having to comment about the poor refs. But its getting beyond the joke now as to how bad these decisions are that keep going against us. Aren't they supposed to even themselves out over the course of the season!.
    And btw, didn't we also win there at Portsmouth in the late 90s, on a Sunday I think, in the days of Bruce Dyer and Martin Bullock ?. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Following on from the midweek away win, I think this was a really good hard fought draw, and I would have been happy with a point.
    Like Duff has said, I'm also sick of hearing about and having to comment about the poor refs. But its getting beyond the joke now as to how bad these decisions are that keep going against us. Aren't they supposed to even themselves out over the course of the season!.
    And btw, didn't we also win there at Portsmouth in the late 90s, on a Sunday I think, in the days of Bruce Dyer and Martin Bullock ?. ��
    According to The Home Of Football stats you were correct Acido.
    It seems we had a three game purple patch.

Link:
    https://www.11v11.com/teams/portsmou...tion/Barnsley/Name:  9BA401D0-E178-419C-BABB-0D8B103183CE.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  12.7 KB
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 07-02-2023 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Pic

Ahh yes that famous August bank holiday 6-0 win against them, when two of their hatchet men were sent off for reckless dangerous fouls. Alan Ball refused to talk about it though, saying it was an absolute farce etc.
    I sort of agree because games can be ruined when players get sent off, like we saw with Mads against Bolton. But when its for appalling dangerous challenges rather than accidental professional fouls, then surely the ref has no other option.

2 Pompey games I remember from the 90s were when Kipper Jackson gorron top o snack bar in Ponty and ripped aif o roof tiles off then a year or two later we edda midweek game against em weer a good few Barnsley raggy lads edda proper ding dong wi Doyles stewards in West Stand lower. It wo bad trouble that neet.

Ahh was that in season '95, a midweek 0-0 with Pompey and the fans behaviour got more headlines than the match itself.
    There was an article in the program for the next few home games, saying it was totally unacceptable behaviour. So it was all down to you ehh Pass lol. 🤕

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567