+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Portsmouth v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Portsmouth v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Having a funny season are Pompey , they set off very well then had a really bad spell when they couldn't buy a point .

Their form recently is still patchy but none the less they are well capable of beating ourselves on their own patch on any given day .

I'll snatch your hand off for a point tomorrow and chalk off a very tricky away day .

Portsmouth are obviously a big hurdle to negotiate. But I'm feeling positive and think we'll get a good victory which makes a statement about the rest of the season.

A point would be excellent the Reds have only won once in 21 games at Fratton Park since 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    A point would be excellent the Reds have only won once in 21 games at Fratton Park since 1980.
    I was at the 1980 game , my God is it 43 years ago !!!

British Rail Soccer Special , they kept us in the ground until 5.45 pm to clear the streets of marauding Pompey fans afterwards .

Rough old place Pompey back in the day .

Brief Highlights

https://youtu.be/eLp0EZvAeW0

We are definitely long over due a win down there ,but I am also in the happy with a point camp which would be 4 points from two tricky away games, which would be a great return & keeps the scoreboard ticking over .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

British Rail Soccer Special , they kept us in the ground until 5.45 pm to clear the streets of marauding Pompey fans afterwards .

Brief Highlights

657 crew mate. Probably just as well that they kept you in although I'm sure the raggy lads from tarn back then would've given it a go

A tough game after a long drive, I just hope we’re better than we were second half against Oxford, I can’t see us getting away with it for a second time in a week.

I was talking the other night after Oxford game with my son n brother going through some of the teams we’ve locked horns against for a while back in the day.
    Pompey have ridden the rollercoaster since then winning fa cup, playing ac Milan in Europe but going bust and starting back from scratch
    I’ll always have fond memories of their away supporters though, the BELL n BUGLE which seemed to always make its way to Oakwell
    Anyway my motto is:
    May the best of your past, be the worst of your future
    Come on you red’s tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    A tough game after a long drive, I just hope we’re better than we were second half against Oxford, I can’t see us getting away with it for a second time in a week.
    Stayed down South after the Oxford game Doggy so we can’t make that as an excuse this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Brief Highlights

Great clip good to see Hunter and Rimmo in the dug out again.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast