+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joni Mitchell ,A woman of Heart and Mind

Joni Mitchell ,A woman of Heart and Mind

You like her don't yer Frank,she's on BBC4 on Friday at 11.45 telling her story in interviews, interwoven with her words and music but you can't watch it if you've not paid your licence fee though eh,looking forward to it myself

Oh, i didnt know that, will certainly watch that. Heart and mind indeed, it is rare for someone incalculably bright to be so mature as well, she must have been 90 the day she was born. She taught herself to play the piano and guitar.

She broke all the rules of playing the guitar and vocals and the album Blue was born. She is the sort that to hear her speak you could spend two hours doing that and think it was ten minutes, drinking it down. If its a contemporary interview, shes probably a bit slower.

The other night i spent most of it playing Cyndi Lauper videos. When she was competing with Michael Jackson and Maddonna i was working part time as a glass collector at the engine house nightclub in Tardebigge near Bromsgrove, watching those three on the screens, i thought Lauper would be the superstar.

I bought A night to remember, played it till it chewed up. It had a sensational rocked up i drove all night on it, primitive, the expression of raw s ex, bestial, hungry, deep, out of control, of satiation just for a moment, endless explosive.

Carnal, and coupled with feeling, the closest you will get to seeing the face of god.

And my first night without you, youve been married twice, you must have felt that, operatic, awesome. There is the world is stone, a classic, its video frightens me and draws me in, im not sure if its god like or satanic. Lauper is a disembodied head, with her hands seemingly unnattached around her face, her eyes not looking at the camera then looking, like a god.

Its not of this world, and there are countless other cracking music, she outscores maddonna easily. And then there is the obvious stuff. Lauper is vastly under rated, and these people mark our lives with their work.

I like the fact that you loved A Night To Remember as it was considered a flop at the time and sold poorly with Cyndi Lauper herself referring to it as A Night To Forget,it's strange how some things like music and films can be scorned by the masses but absolutely loved by a fortunate few,I'm going to be honest and admit that I didn't know My First Night Without You so I checked it out and it's quite an impressive song with a good video,it's far better than I Drove All Night which was the hit single from the album and I shall listen to it again when I'm going through music to listen to on YouTube, excellent choice Frank

I'm with you,back in the 80's I presumed that it would be Lauper who would make it big rather than Madonna but she kinda fell by the wayside a bit and Madonna went global,to me Lauper has more depth in her music and Madonna is just straight pop and when you was selling 7" records back in the 80's that was all that mattered,maybe after Girls Just Wanna Have Fun she got more mature before her fans did

I've double checked and it's definitely on BBC4 at 11.45pm on Friday,a hour and half of Joni Mitchell 😎

Oh, i only looked at the top bit, ta.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)