+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chelski fans having a meltdown

Chelski fans having a meltdown

#sackpotter trending on the twitterverse, reading some of the comments from their fans is absolute gold.

I always thought the Chelski fans were a decent lot but the mask has slipped and they are just as entitled as the Manure lot.

1 fan messaging Todd Bohely telling him to sack Potter and Mount, another saying they should hire Tuchel

all of them demanding Potter to be sacked.

6 months ago, they were all spewing the narrative that its a long term project and taking it steady and not making rash decisions.

Fast forward 6 months, they have spent 600m+ and want the manager out PLUS Chelsea are asking the PL to be exempt from FFP rules because they were sanctioned under Roman and were not allowed to receive money into the club!!!

Where do they get the stones??!! The owners knew the score when they bought the club.

I genuinely think this American lot still have 1 eye on the European super league being formed in the coming months then FFP wont matter

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    Chelsea are asking the PL to be exempt from FFP rules because they were sanctioned under Roman and were not allowed to receive money into the club!!!r
    I saw that - couldn't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    #sackpotter trending on the twitterverse, reading some of the comments from their fans is absolute gold.

I always thought the Chelski fans were a decent lot but the mask has slipped and they are just as entitled as the Manure lot.

1 fan messaging Todd Bohely telling him to sack Potter and Mount, another saying they should hire Tuchel

all of them demanding Potter to be sacked.

6 months ago, they were all spewing the narrative that its a long term project and taking it steady and not making rash decisions.

Fast forward 6 months, they have spent 600m+ and want the manager out PLUS Chelsea are asking the PL to be exempt from FFP rules because they were sanctioned under Roman and were not allowed to receive money into the club!!!

Where do they get the stones??!! The owners knew the score when they bought the club.

I genuinely think this American lot still have 1 eye on the European super league being formed in the coming months then FFP wont matter
    Make no mistake, the American owners are 100% focused on taking the clubs into a Super League.

It's NOT A EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE it is way way worse. A Euro Super League would mean playing in Europe. Look at the proposal no where does it say 'European' the Super League intended to play games all over the world. Liverpool v Real Madrid in Beijing, Barcelona v Juve in Miami etc.

The game will become entertainment not a sport like all garbage U.S. sports. No relegation just a pantomime in which the Ref's are bought off and Juve, Real, Barca & Newton Heath rotate as 'Super Bowl' winners / World Champions of soccer ( I just puked in my mouth.)

I'm pleased to see the government are bringing in legislation to make it illegal English teams to play in leagues outside of England. One good thing this incompetent clowns will pass.

Chelsea under Roman distorted the transfer market to buy their way to the EPL title in those early years.

Exemption for FFP is hilarious. Not gonna happen. It if does I can see 14 + EPL clubs lodging official complaints/calling Nick DiMarco up feting him involved in suing the bejesus out of them and the EPL.

600 million spent on SHYTE . Sam Allardyce should receive a phone call soon

Potter is on a hiding to nothing, the rumours of Tuchel getting sacked because he refused to have players forced upon him look ever more likely. Their owners playing football manager

Aye - huge pressure and a near impossible job for Potter. Another owner who doesn’t understand anything about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Aye - huge pressure and a near impossible job for Potter. Another owner who doesn’t understand anything about the game.
    I understand why Potter took the job. The guy has done a great job at Brighton and wanted to test himself at the top level.

Any quality young ambitious manager will want that. Contrast that with Eddie coming to us. It's a great fit. We have an unlimited ceiling but we have a lot of growing to do. Howe's never gonna be under the pressure Potter is stepping into a managerial job held by people like Tuchell and by elites like Mourinho.

From the clubs point of view I understand why they went for Potter. For all the reasons he took the job, class young ambitious manager.

To say that the manager is wrong, these days in the top teams they are coaches. However that's not to say they do not have any involvement in player recruitment. Of courses they do, their professional input is always required.

However name one of those elite young players who are ALL on their way to being WORLD CLASS and tell me which one Potter wouldn't say 'Yeah, he's awesome, Sign him!'

They made moves to recruit Europe's / South American's best young talent. Any other club' fans would be dancing in the streets.

Imagine if we'd signed all of them? Externally we'd be hammered worse than Chelsea are getting it however we'd all be absolutely buzzzzzing!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)