+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Torquay Utd. 04.02.23 [NL]

Scott replaces Macca

I'm angry about this ref and I am just listening to Charlie and Stall. How have they managed to find someone so utterly and completely unsuited to refereeing a game of football, and how is he refereeing at this level? Please let us get out of this joke of a league this year.

The one thing about RR being the man sent off is that we have more cover for his position than anywhere else. Austin, the new lad Jones and even JOB could fill in there, especially for just one game. Less of a loss than a Nemane or a CB.

Of course that assumes this ridiculous ref doesn't send off any more of our players which by the sounds of it is not guaranteed...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Notts HAVE to complain about this ref and perhaps even appeal
    Even wrexham fans are saying the ref is crap and the Rodders second yellow was absolutely stupid!!!

Yeah I'm not worried about losing Ruben for 1 game, Jones JOB or Scott will step in

I am about as angry as I’ve been watching notts for many years. This is almost as one sided from the ref as the second half against Liverpool in 92.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Jesus H. How can this level of referee be allowed at a professional level. Chesterfield will be laughing.
    That's easy to answer. Because there's a desperate shortage of refs at all levels. Most of the decent ones walk away from reffing, wouldn't you? That leaves a small pool of people who progress regardless of any actual skills.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    That's easy to answer. Because there's a desperate shortage of refs at all levels. Most of the decent ones walk away from reffing, wouldn't you? That leaves a small pool of people who progress regardless of any actual skills.
    Just another reason added to the list for us to get out of this tin pot league.
    He’s the worst ref I’ve seen in decades. Laughable.

Badger on for Rawlo

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    They can't appeal 2 yellows I believe
    Yeah just realised that, bugger. Although that may confuse Chesterfield who will be working on how to keep Ruben quiet

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Maybe they should pay players less and refs more, if that's what it takes to attract quality and depth. I suppose in the short-term that means some existing refs being rewarded for failure, but over the long-term it might increase the pool and therefore the chances of being more selective. Something's got to change, because the current situation can't go on.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast