+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Torquay Utd. 04.02.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    No other Notts team from our NL era wins this game. What’s most heartening right now is seeing us win games by standing up to the roughhouse tactics. 71 points after 30 games is an insane effort, truly phenomenal.
    Absolutely, yesterday felt like a corner being turned.

Let’s face it, we’ve not been on our A game since before the first half against Oldham Boxing Day.

But yesterdays battle, graft and craft against 12 felt more like it.

It will frankly be a disgrace if we don’t get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Nice one Lax!

It would have been interesting to see the 9 bookings/S-Off etc. None of which seem to have made it to the Highlights...

Looks like the referees howlers have been left on the cutting room floor.

Great win for us obviously, but more so for the way in which we achieved it. Nice to see MP and JB in the same midfield for the whole of the game of which thirty plus minute of that were with ten men.
    So glad that Charlie was teamed up with Stall for this one as it was a perfect game for those commentate and comment on. I would have loved to have been a fly on the window of the car on the journey back to Nottingham.
    I hope LW croaky voice was due to lots of shouting at the ref during the match, rather than some bug which could be passed onto the squad.
    If a positive is to be found from Ruben's dubious sending off, then it might be that we can use it as a motivational tool next week against Chesterfield, i.e. Do it for Ruben.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Great win for us obviously, but more so for the way in which we achieved it. Nice to see MP and JB in the same midfield for the whole of the game of which thirty plus minute of that were with ten men.
    So glad that Charlie was teamed up with Stall for this one as it was a perfect game for those commentate and comment on. I would have loved to have been a fly on the window of the car on the journey back to Nottingham.
    I hope LW croaky voice was due to lots of shouting at the ref during the match, rather than some bug which could be passed onto the squad.
    If a positive is to be found from Ruben's dubious sending off, then it might be that we can use it as a motivational tool next week against Chesterfield, i.e. Do it for Ruben.
    It was a great win over a bunch of thugs who were just intent on fouling our players. Gary Johnson is nothing more than a glorified gang leader, and there should be no place in the game for tw*ts like him. Also the referee and both linesman were a disgrace. You cannot have idiots officiating at this level of the game. The sooner we get out of this toss pot league the better. Thanks Neil Ardley for bringing us to this level.

Another great win against some atrocious referring by all accounts. We are still getting those results and taking it all the way. Well done to the staff and the players, really been proud of them this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Nice one. A must-watch for the celebrations

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Nice one. A must-watch for the celebrations
    It was notable how up for it Nemane and Cameron were against their former team - I love Nemane’s celebrations after the first goal and Cameron was equally enthused at the end of the game.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-02-2023 at 06:47 PM.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast