+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Life is ironic.

There were two men discussing what happens after you die so they decide to make a pact that whoever dies first would try to come back and tell the other what it’s like. So in the course of time the second man dies and about a month later he appears to the first man in a dream. “So what’s it like?” says the first man. “Well”, says the second man “I have about 20 wives and all I do all day is eat and have s e x.” “WOW” says the first man “you must be in heaven!!”. “Nah” says the second man “I’m a rabbit on the Wrekin”

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I am surprised at you Dubbs having an intelligent and scientific mind for believing in fairy tales.
    You don't know me so I don't know why you are surprised..
    It is precisely because I have a scientific mind that I believe in fairy tales. Ireland has a strong tradition with leprechauns and faeries,so again I wouldn't be surprised.
    We each have to arrive at conclusions about life on our own. Many intelligent people are misinformed about religion but that is there business.

I am not interested in other peoples opinions on the subject. Having a scientific mind that is open to the unknown is what drives the search for knowledge, not repeating mantras espoused by others.
    But as they say....each to there own.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I find myself often consumed by gloom in my 62nd year.

At the moment I’m buying back my nan’s house in Harrogate where I spent a lot of my childhood.

When I viewed it I stood at the window at the top of the stairs and remembered gazing out at the stars when I was young and feeling that I had a million years ahead of me.

Sobering to stand at that window 50 years later.
    Are you going to spend time there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    You don't know me so I don't know why you are surprised..
    It is precisely because I have a scientific mind that I believe in fairy tales. Ireland has a strong tradition with leprechauns and faeries,so again I wouldn't be surprised.
    We each have to arrive at conclusions about life on our own. Many intelligent people are misinformed about religion but that is there business.

I am not interested in other peoples opinions on the subject. Having a scientific mind that is open to the unknown is what drives the search for knowledge, not repeating mantras espoused by others.
    But as they say....each to there own.
    Considering how many people have died I would say there would be far far more ghosts than people living.
    I wonder how you qualify to be a ghost?
    At our old address we heard sounds that couldn't be explained. My wife and the kids saw figures in the hallway. Even a friend visiting saw two people in the hallway.
    The house was built on the site of an old farm that had been there for centuries. It was owned among others by the Feredays who were the biggest employers in the black country.
    Later Sir Alfred Hickman owned it. The track to the farmhouse is still there, along with three huge Sycamores that were planted as a shelter belt, and part of the farmyard wall. I often imagined the scene over a century earlier, the bustle of the farmyard, cow's and sheep being driven up from Wolverhampton market on Wednesdays, and Sir Alfred being driven up the track in his horse and trap.
    Things started happening as soon as we moved in. I have no explanation other than I think it could be a time lapse, the things we saw and heard were of people going about their business, but years ago.
    Maybe everything we do is recorded like a video and in the future we will find a way to play it back?
    I would love to know who Jack the Ripper was and where the Battle of Tettenhall was actually fought.

Are you going to spend time there?
    Yes Des.

It’s a small, semi detached, dormer bungalow so I’m fully renovating and doing a bit of extending to.

Once I have I’ll use it myself and rent it out on an AirBnB basis like I now do with our place in Tenby.

It’s such a thrill to be inside the place again, it was a big part of my life from being born up until I was nearly 30.

Harrogate is a very popular holiday destination so it’s a good opportunity to create something that we can enjoy and others can as well.

I wonder how you qualify to be a ghost?
    By having your natural life terminated in an unnatural way and unexpectedly.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Yes Des.

It’s a small, semi detached, dormer bungalow so I’m fully renovating and doing a bit of extending to.

Once I have I’ll use it myself and rent it out on an AirBnB basis like I now do with our place in Tenby.

It’s such a thrill to be inside the place again, it was a big part of my life from being born up until I was nearly 30.

Harrogate is a very popular holiday destination so it’s a good opportunity to create something that we can enjoy and others can as well.
    That's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    By having your natural life terminated in an unnatural way and unexpectedly.

But that must apply to billions of people.
    I don't know if it was the battle of Evesham or Worcester, but for nights following the battle shepherds were said to have seen it played out again and again, they recognised participants who were still alive, which makes me think of a time slip.
    Also there is a belief that a ghost is someone who appears in someone's life while they, the ghost is dreaming. I saw my dad watching me in bed when I was a child, I spoke to him, but he was in the next room with my mom.
    The human brain is a wondrous thing and we haven't begun to tap into it.

But that must apply to billions of people.
    I don't know if it was the battle of Evesham or Worcester, but for nights following the battle shepherds were said to have seen it played out again and again, they recognised participants who were still alive, which makes me think of a time slip.
    Also there is a belief that a ghost is someone who appears in someone's life while they, the ghost is dreaming. I saw my dad watching me in bed when I was a child, I spoke to him, but he was in the next room with my mom.
    The human brain is a wondrous thing and we haven't begun to tap into it.
    Precisely.
    We are only at the doorstep of knowledge and yet make assumptions based on no evidence.
    One hundred years ago Einstein was still believing the universe was static or steady state theory prevailed.
    Don't let anyone fool you, these are not normal times we are experiencing.

Believe this if you will but it is 100% true, any that know me will say I am not someone who makes things up for the hell of it.
    I would have been about 10 or 11 and one evening I was coming back home from playing with my mates on my bike, I looked towards my neighbours house from 2 doors up and he (Brian) was standing in front of a bush by his front door, I waved as I went past but got no response, parked my bike up and went in the house, when I went into the living room(never called it a lounge in those days) Brian’s son in law was talking with my parents, I said hello and that I had just seen Brian outside, all three looked at me open mouthed, Brian had died of a massive heart attack a couple of hours earlier… I don’t believe in a heaven or hell, god or the supernatural as such but I can’t explain what I saw..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)