+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life is ironic.

Life is ironic.

You spend all of it learning things but forget them all as soon as you die.
    Once you die you won't know you are dead, only those you leave behind know you are dead, that's if they ever existed to begin with. Because once you are gone everything you ever knew such as the sun, moon, stars, the whole universe in fact will be gone as well..if it ever existed to begin with.
    People scrat a living on this rock laugh and cry, worry and sigh, and never knew where they are or why they are here.
    They pigeon hole themselves into groups like religion and politics and so lose their identity as an individual, just becoming part of a flock that follows others.
    If you die fighting for a cause you won't remember what that cause was once you are dead. The only people who will remember what you died for will be your family and only for a generation or two, the people who started the war will be remembered for ever.
    How ironic it would be if there was such a thing as reincarnation and black men came back as white men, christians came back as Muslims and Russians came back as Ukrainians. Just shows how daft the whole concept of being alive really is.

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Once you die you won't know you are dead, only those you leave behind know you are dead, that's if they ever existed to begin with. Because once you are gone everything you ever knew such as the sun, moon, stars, the whole universe in fact will be gone as well..if it ever existed to begin with.
    People scrat a living on this rock laugh and cry, worry and sigh, and never knew where they are or why they are here.
    They pigeon hole themselves into groups like religion and politics and so lose their identity as an individual, just becoming part of a flock that follows others.
    If you die fighting for a cause you won't remember what that cause was once you are dead. The only people who will remember what you died for will be your family and only for a generation or two, the people who started the war will be remembered for ever.
    How ironic it would be if there was such a thing as reincarnation and black men came back as white men, christians came back as Muslims and Russians came back as Ukrainians. Just shows how daft the whole concept of being alive really is.

Come back as a Viler or a Dingle!? 🫣😱😇😎

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Come back as a Viler or a Dingle!? 🫣😱😇😎
    There is that possibility.🙂

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post

How do you know this?
    What is your source?
    I take it these are just your own interpretations on life as you understand it with the facts you have. Correct?

10,000 spoons when all you want is a knife!

Bloody hell it's cheerful on here.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Threads like this usually are splinter....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    How do you know this?
    What is your source?
    I take it these are just your own interpretations on life as you understand it with the facts you have. Correct?
    Because I base everything on logic. Life is based on food chains and apex predators sit at the top.
    Many animals have come and gone before us, Dinosaurs were here for 140 million years, but they became extinct just like we will. I don't think we will last anywhere near that span.
    Humans who just a few thousand years ago were just a weak type of Ape used their brainpower to great advantage to make them Apex predators. But we are still just another species of animal and when we are gone we are gone, but it's nothing to worry about, you won't know you are gone.
    You won't be judged on how you lived your life, either ending up in a beautiful garden or roasting in hell because that isn't logical.
    I can't think of anything more horrific than living for eternity in a garden, a few weeks of lockdown was bad enough.
    People who believe in that nonsense are the one's who are afraid of dying, they can't accept that it's the end of the road. They are religious not because they are good or better than anyone else but because they believe they will get another go. It's all self interest. Prove me wrong.
    I have known people who have been clinically dead and then resuscitated and they have said there was nothing. Those who see a light or whatever is a trick of the brain, or the brain shutting down. They say you will be able to hear for up to ten minutes after death, don't know whether that's true or not, I suppose we will find out, unless you have your skull caved in.
    I am surprised at you Dubbs having an intelligent and scientific mind for believing in fairy tales.
    Years ago Christians burned people at the stake for saying the earth was round or not the centre of the universe. Ironic that intelligent people who sussed out the meaning of life were put to death by ignorant religious people who believed in fairy tales.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    I find myself often consumed by gloom in my 62nd year.

At the moment I’m buying back my nan’s house in Harrogate where I spent a lot of my childhood.

When I viewed it I stood at the window at the top of the stairs and remembered gazing out at the stars when I was young and feeling that I had a million years ahead of me.

Sobering to stand at that window 50 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I find myself often consumed by gloom in my 62nd year.

At the moment I’m buying back my nan’s house in Harrogate where I spent a lot of my childhood.

When I viewed it I stood at the window at the top of the stairs and remembered gazing out at the stars when I was young and feeling that I had a million years ahead of me.

Sobering to stand at that window 50 years later.
    When I came back home after ten years in UK, I moved back in with my parents...
    Strange how your home has changed as you change. Literally spent forty eight years living in this house and it has lots of memories...until recently, in the same room as when I was a child....and the same stars are still there looking down at me as I was looking up at them back then...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)