+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Life is ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    .... I don’t believe in a heaven or hell, god or the supernatural as such but I can’t explain what I saw..
    I've no doubt what you experienced did happen Dave.
    But while you can state what you don't believe in.......this might be the time for discovering what YOU DO BELIEVE IN.
    That's a question many will have to find an answer for...

I’ve told this story before so apologies to those who’ve heard it before.

My dad and his grandad were very close.

Mum and dad were visiting him up near Durham in the mid 1950’s when he was very unwell.

Mum and dad went out for a walk in the countryside on a summers evening and dad turned to mum and remarked about the lovely church bells that were ringing, mum couldn’t hear anything and told my dad he was losing the plot.

When they returned back to his nan and grandad’s house they were told branded had just passed away a few minutes earlier.

Grandad’s last words on his deathbed were about the “lovely bells” he could hear ringing.......everyone else’s the room hears absolutely nothing.

When they all compared times grandad’s comment and my dad’s comment were in the same timeframe.

Here's another. My dad bought us a wall clock for our engagement, it was on the wall for 17 years.
    When he died we left the hospital and returned home, the clock had stopped at 1.10pm, the time he had died, it never went again.
    When my mother in law died my wife said if she could get in touch send a sign of a dog. My mother in law loved dog's and had a collection for the dog's home at the funeral. While we were waiting for the hearse a dog ran onto the front garden. My wife's uncle caught it but couldn't find anyone it was with.

I had a dream about being on Concorde and it struggled for height and crashed after take off near a hotel. The next week it happened and I was shocked when I saw it on the news.

When I was very young I hated the dark nights, they filled me with dread, and the sound of the fire bull when there was a fire. I was terrified of fire.
    These feelings left before I started school and Autumn is my favourite season now. I wonder if I had lived before during the blitz or if it was a memory passed down by my parents who did, and spent winter nights in air raid shelter's in their gardens.
    They say that for the first two years of your life you are closest to your previous life.

There are things I doubt we will ever have the answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Here's another. My dad bought us a wall clock for our engagement, it was on the wall for 17 years.
    When he died we left the hospital and returned home, the clock had stopped at 1.10pm, the time he had died, it never went again.
    When my mother in law died my wife said if she could get in touch send a sign of a dog. My mother in law loved dog's and had a collection for the dog's home at the funeral. While we were waiting for the hearse a dog ran onto the front garden. My wife's uncle caught it but couldn't find anyone it was with.

I had a dream about being on Concorde and it struggled for height and crashed after take off near a hotel. The next week it happened and I was shocked when I saw it on the news.

When I was very young I hated the dark nights, they filled me with dread, and the sound of the fire bull when there was a fire. I was terrified of fire.
    These feelings left before I started school and Autumn is my favourite season now. I wonder if I had lived before during the blitz or if it was a memory passed down by my parents who did, and spent winter nights in air raid shelter's in their gardens.
    They say that for the first two years of your life you are closest to your previous life.

There are things I doubt we will ever have the answer to.
    On the subject of funerals and coincidences Des......watch this.

It’s good all the way through but from 4.45 it’s about death and funerals. 🤣

https://youtu.be/HUrx0FPVdw8

Love all this stuff, I've never had an unexplainable experience but have heard enough from people I trust to believe that there are one or more other dimensions. I look at ourselves and other species with numerous questions, we have so much still to learn - there has to be a meaning to life.

Religion I feel is created by men to gain power and control over others, however if it never existed then something else would be in its place? From a spiritual perspective I do believe there is a creator, my own father had an encounter with an entity that left the room when he prayed aloud and he's not one to BS - the design of the human body is also so intelligent I just can't see how evolution got us here.

I’ve often dreamt about the death of a famous person shortly before they die.

The last one was Michael Jackson, I had a dream he’d died on the day he passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I've no doubt what you experienced did happen Dave.
    But while you can state what you don't believe in.......this might be the time for discovering what YOU DO BELIEVE IN.
    That's a question many will have to find an answer for...
    God is a human construct to explain life and death, is the universe more complex than we understand, yes. Beyond that it’s a wonderful mystery.

I believe that there is a lot more to existence, reality and time that we don’t understand. If there are more than the three spatial dimensions in which we exist there is no possibility of us knowing about them. String Theory suggests that there may be up to eleven dimensions but that is in the realm of theoretical physics.

As for strange experiences, I can relate two. Back in the 90’s, my Mum lived in a semi-detached house in Halesowen; one day she was outside when the next door neighbour asked her if anyone had ever died in his house. She replied that an old chap had indeed died in the house some years previously, the neighbour then asked her if the old man had ginger hair and shuffled along with a stoop. My Mum said yes, that perfectly describes the fellow, and asked what prompted the question. The neighbour replied that he sees him every so often walking around the house! There had been at least two other occupiers of that house between the old man and this neighbour, so he could never have known him

Shortly before my mother died in 1999, she was very unwell and I was staying some nights in her house in Halesowen. She had slept in a bed downstairs for quite some time, so when I stayed there, I used the bedroom that had the adjoining wall to next door; the headboard of the bed was up against that wall. I told my Mum that if she had a problem in the night to bang the radiator with something to wake me up. Around 2am, I was awoken by her banging the radiator and shouting that someone was trying to get in. As I went downstairs I could see that someone was shining a torch through the front window, it was the police. The next door neighbour, not the one from the previous anecdote, had called the police as he had heard persistent loud banging on the shared wall, he thought that it was my mother banging the wall with a walking stick because she needed help. My mother was still in bed on the other side of the house and there had been no banging on the wall, if there had been, it would have woken me up. My mother died about ten days later.

If there is some sort of existence after this life, then one day I will find out what it is all about; if there is no afterlife, then I won’t be bothered, will I?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)