+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The last time I had alcohol

The last time I had alcohol

was January 18. The last time I popped to the pub.
    Before that I went from October 2020 to March 2021 without a drink, didn't even bother with the Christmas period.
    I am lucky that I don't get addicted or dependant on something.
    I can fancy a cigarette, buy a packet then not bother again for years. I have smoked grass when people have given me some but never craved it, I prefer a pint of beer to be honest.
    I have never had a lifelong friend I grew up with from childhood. Once I changed/left school and jobs I left it all behind, never went back never looked back, it's gone, let go.
    The closest thing I ever came close to being addicted to was the Albion but that went the same way as everything else years ago.

Want to hear something that always makes me laugh? I knew a bloke who went to the Labour Club every night and Margate every year.
    Alan Whicker he wasn't.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

1978 was when I stopped drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Never a drinking person. Just didn't do it for me.... a spliff, that was more my cup of tea.

1976 when I stopped eating chocolate and from 10 eating banana, baked beans and eggs - yuk!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Nothing wrong with being teetotal.
    Social drinking is okay but the state some people get in and the relationships it's ruined is there for all to see.
    I have had too much at times but I never cause trouble. But some people get hammered every weekend. That's not good.
    When I do go out it's usually two or three nights a week, or if my son comes back an afternoon drink down the Navigation.
    I usually have three or four pints.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Nothing wrong with being teetotal.
    Social drinking is okay but the state some people get in and the relationships it's ruined is there for all to see.
    I have had too much at times but I never cause trouble. But some people get hammered every weekend. That's not good.
    When I do go out it's usually two or three nights a week, or if my son comes back an afternoon drink down the Navigation.
    I usually have three or four pints.

Everyone should do what makes them happy as long as it does not cause issues for others.

When I was a travel rep in Benidorm even many over 70’s were at it with room swopping etc. Sad life if you get to 60 plus and your only form of exercise is a treadmill 😂

Mr Hayes the Travel Agent worth millions kicked his clogs in his head office - FFS. Go out with a bang on the job with the Mrs or on a cruise ship but head office!!! Silly c unt!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)