+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep the Faith

Keep the Faith

Everyone seems to be really hurt after last couple of matches. But let’s think about where we were after JR left. It takes time to catch and climb up the table and there will always be bumps in the road for a club like united.

I still believe we have a decent team and we are a better team than the rest of the bottom 6 and a match for Livi St M Hibs.

We just need to start delivering wins.

The lack of signings was a bit worrying. But we have lots of unused players still in our squad like Sadat and Cudjoe and Fotheringham coming back after a good loan spell.

I still have faith that we can pull clear this season and achieve something with this squad

I am keeping glass half full and keeping positive and keeping faith with United.

Come on United !!

Totally with you on this. Big few weeks with lots of winnable fixtures ahead. We need a reaction after the horrendous performance during the week. Personally think we will see improvement.

I agree, more important than ever to get behind the team, but I think everyone is just scunnered by the double whammy of lack of leadership from chairman through to the manager, and the meek performance against Killie in what was one of our biggest games of the season.

Good LSA, can't get enough of you guys.
    Sooner be a Happy Clapper than a Miserable Barsteward.
    Sure there are faults but togetherness is what it's all about just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Totally with you on this. Big few weeks with lots of winnable fixtures ahead. We need a reaction after the horrendous performance during the week. Personally think we will see improvement.

The reaction to Wednesday has been way over the top due to the transfer window

It was the first poor result since the return from the world cup where we got less points than we'd expect

Today you don't expect anything but get something and it's back on track, after that we have a run of games where you'd be expecting pts from most of them

Whilst I agree with the sentiment and hopefully the fans in the stadiums keep backing the team I just don't agree with the comments about being the best team in the bottom 6 and a match for 2 of the top 6.

We are bottom of the league because we are one of if not thee worst. Fair enough that certain players in their positions are better Levitt, Fletcher, Behich for example, but a squad being capable of putting 11 players on the pitch in a cohesive unit is something we have one of the worst of

We all know we lack certain types of players and I would argue there isnt any formation available for Fox to set us up where you could say suits us. Every single formation has square pegs in round holes atm

I think the majority do keep the faith. Just sometimes, when some matches are SO important (Killie) The fans just can't understand why, the importance of that game doesn't seem to get in to the heads of our players.

I can accept getting beat on a sh*t pitch, in bad conditions, as long as the guys are busting a gut. That didn't happen, and gives me the fear that in the even MORE important crunch matches coming up, we might not have the battlers required.

REALLY... REALLY... hope I am considerably wrang!!!

But............ I WILL keep the faith.

PS: Nae match previews on DUTV fae manager or players???

Today was great in terms of effort but we need to hold on to wins. Mistakes and an inability to win matches could cost us

Again though we look like a team that are better than our position in the league

It’s very tight down there and Rossco put in a decent performance at ibrox. We were not the only ones to be unlucky today

Motherwell are looking awful - just depends how their new signings fit in

The next two matches are massive for our season - Killie in the cup and the fermers at home.

Both very winnable and the way we are playing we should win - for our season we have to win

The positives

Much better performance today
    The last 10 fixtures before the split are favourable with the only one we wouldn't really count as winnable is Rangers away.
    Killie are rotten away from home and we shouldn't have to go back to that plastic pitch after the split having already played them twice there.
    Motherwell continue to be really poor.

The negatives

The transfer window. Now that it looks like McGrath and Pawlett might be out for an extended period it is leaving us with an even less options. Not strengthening was sheer folly.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Today was great in terms of effort but we need to hold on to wins. Mistakes and an inability to win matches could cost us

Again though we look like a team that are better than our position in the league

It’s very tight down there and Rossco put in a decent performance at ibrox. We were not the only ones to be unlucky today

Motherwell are looking awful - just depends how their new signings fit in

The next two matches are massive for our season - Killie in the cup and the fermers at home.

Both very winnable and the way we are playing we should win - for our season we have to win
    However, the league table doesn't tell lies. It tells the truth and United are incapable of putting performances together for the whole 90 minutes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)