+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defensive organisation

Defensive organisation

It’s take Dyche hardly any time at all to get Everton looking more solid. Game not over yet but not conceding always gives you a chance.

The chaos cowboy has had a year and we still concede sloppy goals and often the same type time and again.

Defensive organisation - None

In general we are much tighter than under MB. And I love MB. Think JM is getting unfair criticism.

Not sure I agree. We used to try to dominate possession and keep the ball which put less pressure on us. First season we had a run after Christmas where we were a lot harder to beat.

Second season, small squad, not buying the midfielders MB wanted and asked for, injuries and COVID killed us.

With the players he had available we are always going to concede loads as he wasn’t going to change the system.

If MB had Adams and Aaronson it would have made a massive difference let alone the other players signed for JM.

Can't help but wonder what MB could do with our current squad.

Wober is good and we know that some of the other defenders could play. However the big difference would be the midfield. We are better at every midfield position than what we had while he was here.

Right now I only see 2 all but certain relegated teams. S ton and Bournemouth. we look like #3 if we lose tommorrow.

Unless a massive change in form, Saints, Bmouth and of course one other! We have improved, but still look dodgy at the back, and now much depends on Bamford & Rutter - really is 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    In general we are much tighter than under MB. And I love MB. Think JM is getting unfair criticism.
    So, the cowboy is being unfairly criticised????

Since summer 2022, we have spent a club (and probably for some parts outside the top 6, a league), record, and sit currently in 17th position, one above the relegation zone. Yeah, he's definitely being dragged over the coals with no justification whatsoever.

A record breaking winless streak in the league, coupled with record "investment" (if you accept that all our spending has been worthwhile), yea, he should be getting carried through the streets of Leeds by the supporters who grovel at his feet to have such a wonderful, gifted coach, my f00king ar5e,
    Last edited by WTF11; 04-02-2023 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Unless a massive change in form, Saints, Bmouth and of course one other! We have improved, but still look dodgy at the back, and now much depends on Bamford & Rutter - really is 50/50.
    "Dodgy", did you say "dodgy"? Bl00dy suicidal more like. I got it in the neck from BB for being enthusiastic about our 5-2 win against Cardiff, thing is the ONLY positive about how we "are" at present is that given fit forwards we CAN score, we sure as hell can't f00king defend, 4 clean sheets since AUGUST last year, FFS! What planet Sniffer is on to say we are "much tighter at he back" is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Can't help but wonder what MB could do with our current squad.

Wober is good and we know that some of the other defenders could play. However the big difference would be the midfield. We are better at every midfield position than what we had while he was here.

Right now I only see 2 all but certain relegated teams. S ton and Bournemouth. we look like #3 if we lose tommorrow.
    I can’t help but wonder WHY we didn’t have a squad like that under MB.
    Was it his intransigence or the boards miserableness.

Loved MB but I think it was his insistence on his players. James, Roberts, Bamford. He was like a dog with a bone when he wanted someone and I think dismissed anyone the board came in with.

Really wish he had let them do thier jobs and work with what they come up with

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)