+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield United Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Why is it Rotherham United are always called a physical side, not a footballing side.

For instance - ' Blades manager Paul Heckingbottom was pleased how his players stood
    up to the physical threat of the opposition '.

I thought the Blades were a physical side, in this 0-0 derby game.
    ELK, it’s just a poor team’s Manager and fans spouting, knowing they couldn’t beat us, that either label us physical or agricultural. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Just goes to show how fans see things differently.
    According to the blades site. Egan had hugill in his pocket all game.
    Viktor was a nervous flapping goalkeeper.
    Ogbene was ****e.
    Were a team of cloggers ect ect
    Where did they leave their guide dog during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Just goes to show how fans see things differently.
    According to the blades site. Egan had hugill in his pocket all game.
    Viktor was a nervous flapping goalkeeper.
    Ogbene was ****e.
    Were a team of cloggers ect ect
    Well they were right about Ogbene.

Lots of complaints about ref yesterday and being a premier league ref. Just realised he’s the 4th official at Spurs v Man City. Busy man

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Let's get their heights checked proper! Taylor was no taller than 5ft 4 & that's being generous! Iooked at BW yesterday at half time warm up for substitutes I'm convinced he's not 6ft just under. McCart looked near 6ft 2 to me. Football it's changed from old days it's more physical at level we are playing now like I keep saying you've got to deal with that.
    Just a wild theory, but maybe, possibly, during a medical whan a player joins a club they may make a record of how tall a player is, rather than relying on your rather bizarre theories of how tall player looks to you. Tony Towner wasn't 6 feet 3 inches, Hull isn't 6 feet 9.

By your own admission, you have never kicked a football in your life, so how come you think that you have such a vast knowledge of the game?

And Jon Taylor, still playing for Donnie, is 5 feet 11 inches tall.
    Last edited by Geetarman; 05-02-2023 at 07:22 PM.

I think being taller is an advantage if you are a cf, cd or a goalie but the most important thing.is you are good at your job. Viktor is not the tallest goalie but is a bloody good goalie, dick habbin, bobby williamson were not tall but were good cfs. Reg and pelts wasnt/ isnt that tall but both v good cbs.
    We have also had tall players in those positions who have not been much good.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I think being taller is an advantage if you are a cf, cd or a goalie but the most important thing.is you are good at your job. Viktor is not the tallest goalie but is a bloody good goalie, dick habbin, bobby williamson were not tall but were good cfs. Reg and pelts wasnt/ isnt that tall but both v good cbs.
    We have also had tall players in those positions who have not been much good.
    Gilbert Bos, Stuart Evans et al

I rest my case m'lud

I Hope against Blackpool we don’t blindly kick the ball over our shoulders as much and play some of the football on the ground like we did against Blackburn and Watford.

Enjoyed the game though and the result. They looked more skilful than us but seemed afraid to go at us.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I Hope against Blackpool we don’t blindly kick the ball over our shoulders as much and play some of the football on the ground like we did against Blackburn and Watford.

Enjoyed the game though and the result. They looked more skilful than us but seemed afraid to go at us.
    The waygame was going I don’t think we had much choice in these over kicks but yes football on the ground is good especially for players like Washington

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast